• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to everyone who got accepted or put on the wait list! I go my rejection letter a few weeks ago and I was just wondering those of you who got accepted, what were your application credentials? I just want to get an idea of what I was missing to have gotten a rejection. If any of you would be so kind as to share your accepting qualifications:

What degree did you get? Bachelors/Masters:

GPA/Science GPA:

Patient Care Hours:

Shadowing Hours:

GRE Scores: 

What do you think made you stand out:

Thanks guys! And again Congrats on your awesome accomplishments!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Merlins

mk29, I'm waiting to hear something too. I left a voicemail on Friday 12/19 to follow up, but I haven't received any updates. I'd be curious if you find out anything, and I'll post with any info too. Hope they're still doing some late interviews. But I'm still forming an improvement plan for next cycle. Best of luck!

Hey everyone, not sure if anyone is still interested in knowing about the status on applications that have yet to be reviewed, but I figured I would share. I just got off the phone with one of the ladies in the admissions office and she said that they're currently reviewing applications from October, so if you applied a little later they should be contacting you soon. Apparently there are only two people reviewing the applications for all 3 Barry locations which is why it's taking them a little long. Hope we all hear back soon!

My application was verified in June and still have not heard anything. I emailed and no answer yet either. 

Melzer, have you tried calling them? The first time I called I got sent to voicemail but when I called yesterday I actually spoke to someone, so maybe if you make them talk to you a little more you will get a better answer?

My CASPA application was verified October 15 and I just received an email today indicating my application is under review. In the email, it states that all final decisions will be made by March 2015. So if your application was verified earlier and you haven't heard anything back yet, don't lose hope because there is still a chance that you will be offered an interview! I called yesterday and spoke with Michelle, who, as some have already mentioned, told me that there are only two of them reviewing the applications for all 3 campuses. The waiting game is the worst so good luck to everyone!

I received an invitation for an interview today for the St. Pete campus on 1/16. Jennifer made it clear that it is for the wait list, but she said many students come from the wait list. My application was CASPA verified 8/29 and "received" by Barry on 11/14. Good luck to everyone else anxiously waiting!

Hello everyone and congrats to those with all the good news and also Good luck!!!

Barry University is going to be one of the PA schools I apply to, eventually! haha

Anyway, I was wondering if you think this school focuses more on high GPA or higher/quality HCE..or a combination?

Thanks in advance!!! ;o)

Hey all, received an invitation to interview but I will be deferring as I've chosen another program. The dates they offered were January 30 and February 6 so there's still hope for those waiting! Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Do you know when you got the email that they received your application for review? Not when CASPA sent it, but when Barry actually began reviewing it?

Thanks again and congrats!

Archived