• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone! I declined my interview at Miami Shores since I'll be attending a different program. The invite came last week for Jan 30 or Feb 6, so there are still interviews available. It also came only a few days before Jan 30, so if you are waiting to hear back, they may send you an invite fairly close to the interview date. Good luck!

For those who have interviewed already:  What type of interview questions did they ask?  Was there anything you weren't expecting or weren't prepared for?  Is it a group or individual interview?  Any insight would be much appreciated!

There was both a group interview and an individual one. The group interview had the group discuss a controversial topic and come up with a plan. For example, my group had to discuss whether or not we should report illegal immigrants if we were to be treating one. The individual interview didn't really have anything unexpected for me. She asked why i wanted to be a PA and kind of went through my CASPA app and asked me questions based on what I had written. Both interviews were pretty laid back.  

There was both a group interview and an individual one. The group interview had the group discuss a controversial topic and come up with a plan. For example, my group had to discuss whether or not we should report illegal immigrants if we were to be treating one. The individual interview didn't really have anything unexpected for me. She asked why i wanted to be a PA and kind of went through my CASPA app and asked me questions based on what I had written. Both interviews were pretty laid back.

hello...

I am wondering if you attend the program in St. Croix, does this affect your licensure in any way in any of the states?

Hey there, the short answer to your question is no. It is USVI, so it is considered United States territory. Also BarryU is an accredited program so there should be no trouble if you try to practice in the states. I have done the research for this university and all info leads to the same answer.

Hey guys i was waitlisted for miami campus and three other schools, i got in to NYIT on Long Island! Hold out hope guys i interviewed in October and was offered acceptance in february. I sent updated info and took a medical terminology course. Email the school and update your application to stand out!

• 5 months later...

Quick question..because i need to make sure before i start my BS degree

Do you all have atleast 1000 contact hours in the medical field?

They told me in the office that they only really consider those with actual patient hands on contact (no medical clerical....that doesn't count)

This sucks for me because I have pretty much worked in the hospital in the administration area for many years :(

Please tell me there is a light of hope

:,(

I received an interview for 2015-2016 cycle and I have at least 1000 hours, but if you don't then I don't think it's a deal breaker! If you have an excellent GPA, good LORs/statement, and have shadowed some PAs then I am sure you are still competitive. Barry says it's highly recommended to have direct patient experience, but it's not required! They are still going to consider your application. If you are just starting your BS then you have time to accumulate some direct patient hours as well! Stay positive!

I received an interview for 2015-2016 cycle and I have at least 1000 hours, but if you don't then I don't think it's a deal breaker! If you have an excellent GPA, good LORs/statement, and have shadowed some PAs then I am sure you are still competitive. Barry says it's highly recommended to have direct patient experience, but it's not required! They are still going to consider your application. If you are just starting your BS then you have time to accumulate some direct patient hours as well! Stay positive!

Thanks for replying back so promptly. I guess this sucks for me. I do have a 3.7 GPA, getting my BS in healthcare administration and have worked in the medical field for over 10 years. I wonder if they count my dermatology experience a factor since I helped in surgical procedures, and putting patients in treatment rooms and acne procedures. Ugh!!! this is so frustrating. I better go do something else then LOL. Thanks so much for the info.

Anybody else out there that did not have 1,000 contact hours but still got an interview?

Archived