Feeling Hopeless

While I wish jukadike the best of luck getting accepted, I don't think the OP has much chance getting into the University of North Texas and not a snowball's chance in H.. of getting into Baylor. UNT and Baylor both require higher GPAs than posted here. Not sure where those numbers come from.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Please visit these links.  They show that Baylor and UNT do have the minimum requirements as I listed earlier.  Please correct me if I am mistaken, but I think it's correct.

https://www.bcm.edu/education/schools/school-of-allied-health-sciences/programs/physician-assistant/prospective-students/admissions/prerequisites

http://web.unthsc.edu/info/200281/physician_assistant_studies/1834/admissions_information

Again Baylor requires a 3.0 and UNT requires a 2.85 according to the links above.  I didn't say that you'd get in, but if you have a lower GPA you would at least be meeting their minimum requirements for application.  

I'm just trying to give applicants ideas of schools that they can possible apply to and actually meet all the minimum requirements.  So no matter what your grades, if you meet the requirements, apply.  It's always better to try and fail instead of sit and do nothing due to fear of failure.

Thank you for the post JohnnyM2.  Please if I'm mistaken let me know so that I'm not posting incorrect information.

Good luck!

Jukadike, No doubt you got the Baylor minimum requirements right. I think they may have lowered them because my daughter applied to schools during the 2013-2014 cycle and was concerned because she only had a 307 GRE, 3.7 GPA and 3.5 sGPA. She got 4 interviews, including UTMB, UNT, UTSW,AND TTU, and is now attending PA school, but Baylor rejected her without an interview. They do list the average GPAs and GREs of accepted students which are much higher than the minimum requirement posted on their site. Perhaps they reduced the minimums to attract more applicants that may have other credentials than academic. For Texas residents they are really expensive since all the other TX schools, including UNT, have greatly reduced In state tuition. I didn't follow the UNT link but UNT is a very good school and would probably require stellar credentials elsewhere to accept a 2.85 GPA. But...You were right about the current website listings so, my apologies.

Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

Jukadike, No doubt you got the Baylor minimum requirements right. I think they may have lowered them because my daughter applied to schools during the 2013-2014 cycle and was concerned because she only had a 307 GRE, 3.7 GPA and 3.5 sGPA. She got 4 interviews, including UTMB, UNT, UTSW,AND TTU, and is now attending PA school, but Baylor rejected her without an interview. They do list the average GPAs and GREs of accepted students which are much higher than the minimum requirement posted on their site. Perhaps they reduced the minimums to attract more applicants that may have other credentials than academic. For Texas residents they are really expensive since all the other TX schools, including UNT, have greatly reduced In state tuition. I didn't follow the UNT link but UNT is a very good school and would probably require stellar credentials elsewhere to accept a 2.85 GPA. But...You were right about the current website listings so, my apologies. Sent from my Kindle Fire HDX using Tapatalk 2

No need to apologize.

Congrats on your daughters success!  I know that Baylor and UNT aren't easy to get into, but I just wanted to list some schools will GPA minimums that could give some hope to those who may feel dead in the water.  I have a gpa in the low threes and christian brothers is willing to give me a chance so you never know.  You could catch someone on a good day and they'd be wiling to give ya a shot.    Anyways good luck to your daughters continuing success, and thanks for the reply!

No need to apologize.

Congrats on your daughters success!  I know that Baylor and UNT aren't easy to get into, but I just wanted to list some schools will GPA minimums that could give some hope to those who may feel dead in the water.  I have a gpa in the low threes and christian brothers is willing to give me a chance so you never know.  You could catch someone on a good day and they'd be wiling to give ya a shot.  Maybe Baylor did lower the requirements to enlarge the pool of applicants.  The school is really expensive, and being that it's private they don't have to take 90% of in state applicants so maybe they are looking to get a different group of people interested in their program?  Anyways good luck to your daughters continuing success, and thanks for the reply!

The 90% in-state thing doesn't apply to PA(graduate) school.

The 90% in-state thing doesn't apply to PA(graduate) school.

Maybe we are both correct?  I know for a fact that LSU Shreveport only gives 10% of it's entering class space to out of state residents.  All PA schools gives priority to in state applications.  Maybe it doesn't apply to all schools, but I would be surprised.  If anyone has other information that would be great!

Maybe we are both correct?  I know for a fact that LSU Shreveport only gives 10% of it's entering class space to out of state residents.  All PA schools gives priority to in state applications.  Maybe it doesn't apply to all schools, but I would be surprised.  If anyone has other information that would be great!

The rules in Louisiana may be different.  You mentioned two Texas schools in your previous post and there is no TX law requiring PA schools to abide by that rule like state-supported med schools are.  Whether or not they do is a matter of program policy. This will certainly vary from state to state

The rules in Louisiana may be different.  You mentioned two Texas schools in your previous post and there is no TX law requiring PA schools to abide by that rule like state-supported med schools are.  Whether or not they do is a matter of program policy. This will certainly vary from state to state

Yeah you're right.  Thanks for clearing that up.  Some schools may have that rule while others do not.

This makes me very happy because I didn't get in last year but now that I have a 3.0 cumulative and 3.0 science I am feeling a little more confident. I applied to 25 schools this year and am really hoping I get in somewhere!!! I also have 1 year of masters, 19000 hours as an EMT and 2 years of personal training. I have a wife and two kids which I talk about a lot in my essays so I am hoping that some school is looking for a guy like me!

If you re-applied to the same schools, they'll be able to track your progress and hopefully see your determination. Best of luck to you!

Archived