Indirect or direct HCE?

I just have a basic question about one of my HCEs and whether it would be considered direct or indirect. The job is in the Pastoral Care department and I provide pastoral and spiritual care to the emergency room and oncology unit. My responsibilities are to talk with patients who may be lonely, anxious, afraid, confused, etc and to try and comfort them. I am responsible for charting this information and for relaying any concerns or observations to doctors or the nursing staff. In addition I am responsible for answering call bells and making sure patients are comfortable. So I am with patients all day and I am providing care, its just a mental, emotional and spiritual care rather than physical so I'm not sure where it would best fit. Any feedback?

The 'ole touching poop adage might work here.

Compelling stuff, what you're doing, and I'm just a pre-whatever, but I'm guessing they would prefer something every so slightly more hands on and traditional. Although I would venture and say that your experience is better than some of the "volunteering putting away blankets in the warmer" type stuff thats posted on here.

• 1 month later...

Archived