2014-2015 App Cycle

Yay to you Empowred! It sounds like you have earned it. I also applied the same time as you with what I felt was a strong app......3.8 GPA and 4000+ hrs as an RD.....i had a feeling over the holidays there may be a few spots opening up as people finalized their decisions. ...thanks for the update and for giving us a bit of hope. Good luck in your journey!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MikoBB.....did you just recently get that invite? SM is really the only option for me that would result with me still being married in the end...jk but really it is only 3 hrs from our house and from what I understand I could set up a lot of the clinical rotations near my house..it is hard to keep hope but still not giving up yet!

Hi MainerRD12,

I got a call from them 2 days ago. SM would be a perfect school for me. I live in oregon just next to the northern california boarder where I could potentially do my rotations there through the HPSA track. I'm from the bay area and I travel back to the bay area every month to visit frineds and familiy. So I have no problem driving to oakland campus for classes on a regular basis. Don't give up hope! keep us posted if you hear from them! :)

Hey guys! did anyone get any email confirmation after the phone call .. It's been 2 days and I don't have any email confirmation for the interview call .... Btw I am scheduled to interview on 7 February as well... empowred and buhnana .. Hope to see u guys soon and good luck I am sure u guys will make it .. !

Hey guys! did anyone get any email confirmation after the phone call .. It's been 2 days and I don't have any email confirmation for the interview call .... Btw I am scheduled to interview on 7 February as well... empowred and buhnana .. Hope to see u guys soon and good luck I am sure u guys will make it .. !

It takes a few days for the email to be sent out don't worry if you get the call they will email you. Took around a week.

Thanks for letting me know .. I just cannot believe that I got the call .. It seems like a dream and I need a validation that it was a real call .. I am very excited for the interview .. I ordered the book .. How to ace the pa school interview .. Hope that helps .. Anything else I should be worried about for the interview .. It's my first ? Please advice .. Thanks and good luck everyone ..

Hi everyone, congrats to those who've been called back for interviews! I applied to SM mid-September and have still not heard any response from them. I was wondering if anyone knows when the final interview date will be since the February interview is not on their timeline. Has anyone received a denial yet either? Please, it would be very helpful to know. It's tough being kept in limbo like this when so many important decisions I have to make rest on their determination. 

Thank you,

MO

I interviewed in December and at that time they said that there would be 2 more interview dates in January, and that we would find out decisions by Feb 14.  But it sounds like their timeline has been pushed back a bit.  I'm sitting here biting my nails in the meantime.  Good luck on the interviews everyone!!!!  It is a long day, but a fun day.

Has anyone, who got a call for the feb 7 interview , get an email invitation ? I need to book the flight and a hotel . Any suggestions will be appreciated . I know I should not be worried but that's the nature of the beast !

They sent the email out within a week of the phone call

Archived