2014-2015 App Cycle

• 1 month later...

Did anyone finish the supplemental?  Also, is there a state preference for the program? I'm applying from out of state and I know the class size is small, but judging by the previous SLU thread, if one gets an interview, you have a 40%+ chance of getting accepted based off only offering 80 interviews.

• 2 weeks later...

I am working on the essay of the supplemental right now. I get what the prompt is asking, but not sure if they really want examples of each of academic, clinical, and life experiences or if we can focus on one or two.  A 500 word maximum is short for all three. Any suggestions from those who have completed it?

• 3 weeks later...

I have finished the application a few weeks ago, but the last letter of rec. just came in this week. Has anyone received an invitation for an interview yet? If so, how long after your application was complete and turned in did it take for them to reach out to you? 

Thank you, 
Robert. 

They will reach out to you a day or so after they receive all the materials, including the supplemental application.  You won't hear anything about interviews till late august/early September as they have Interviews Oct., Nov., Jan., Feb, and March.  usually around a month before the date they'll let you know if they want you to interview.  If not, you won't hear anything until after the last date in March to close your application for the cycle.

About how many applications do they receive? I believe they have a number at the visitation, but I cannot recall the exact number. This is the only school I applied to, so I'm trying I really guage my chances. 3.67 overall and 3.6 sci. Worked as CNA on skilled unit at nursing home for 3 years. Shadowed MD DO and PA all for at least 50 hours. Any idea how competitive it is to land that interview?

Any important info just to tac on would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Robert.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I submitted CASPA mid June and the supplemental July 9th.

My overall GPA is 3.84 and science is 3.80.

My HCE is complicated to list because I have five positions at a hospital, but in total I had about 3000 hours of health care experience with about 750 hours being direct patient care at the time I submitted. My main positions are endoscopy tech and medical assistant.

I hope that helps Armaghan2012! Good luck!

Hello,

I also applied this cycle. 

Stats: Undergrad GPA: 4.1

Caspa:3.89

Overall-3.86

HCE=750 hours hands on(total)

40 hours shadowing PA

Not really sure if I would be offered interview or not? So confused and worried!

I think you really should be invited unless the school requires more than 750 hours of HCE and is strict about it. at my last interview at Drexel, they told me that with my credentials every school will at least invite me for an interview....your stats look great. Wish you all the best

• 1 month later...

Archived