Savannah Class That Starts Jan 2012

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received an email today stating that they have received my application from CASPA and that interviews go from April-October. It also said that they can't give an application status at any time, be sure to send transcripts(if you have completed prereqs since submitting to CASPA)/GRE scores, and that interview invites will go out via email.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know when they will start letting us know about interviews? I know they said they won't start looking at the applications until the end of March/early April but wanted to see if anyone else had a better idea. I got accepted into another program which starts at the end of September so I need to start looking for apartments for that school but am still really interested in South. The problem is that I am pretty sure South does interview well into October which would not work if I started at the other program. Is anyone else in this boat?

i just sent my CASPA the last week of February and sent my GRE scores yesterday. I hope that we will start hearing soon. Some posts about South have said that we may have an interview as early as April. Does that mean that we could be accepted as early as the interview? I am wondering if we are in the first interview group, will we have to wait for everyone to be interviewed before we hear anything? Also, does anyone know the stats about how many applicants and how many interviews are conducted? Good Luck to everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

I just sent my CASPA application on 3/1 (the last day of the cycle) and sent my GRE scores. I haven't heard anything yet. There is no supplemental app right? I'm worried because since I can't edit my CASPA it was the same as when I submitted it in August. I'm thinking of calling them or sending an update with everything I've done since August.

I think thats a good idea. I have gotten a professional license and BLS certification since submitting my CASPA last year. Make sure you make copies of any certifications or licenses when you send in updated material. I'm going to get to work right now! I hope we hear about interviews soon...

• 2 weeks later...
Received an interview invitation today from South. I just got accepted to Mercer though. I was wondering if anyone knew which program would be more competitive and has a better layout of curriculum?

Congratulations! When did you send in your apps?

I'm still waiting too. I'd love to hear some stats. The confirmation that I received with my application said that we could hear anytime between April and October. I also heard from one student who was 14th on the waiting list and ended up getting in. Seems like we are in for a long year of waiting. Good luck everyone!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys!

I am a current student at South and they started interviews today. They do rolling admissions, so the people that are interviewing now could know as early as next week if they got in. However, some people are wait-listed and therefore have to wait until the entire interviewing process is over and may not find out if they got accepted until right before the program starts in January, as that happened to one of my classmates. Please let me know if you have any questions and Good Luck!!

The faculty told us they received 1,068 applications last cycle interviewed 160 students and we have 67 in our class.

My stats upon applying:

GPA-3.72, Biology Major

GRE-980 (definitely on the low end, but GRE is not a huge factor as long as you have other strengths on your application)

Health Care Experience: Emt Basic with about 200 volunteer hours, 250 shadowing hours

kmm9269--

Thanks for the info! When during the year did YOU interview for your seat? And how quickly were you accepted? South's interview window seems extremely wide but must work with rolling admissions. I applied the beginning of January and have interviewed at 2 other schools but have been waitlisted. I am also curious how you like the program! Any info when you get a second would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Archived