Filling out the supplemental app today- how long was everyone's answer to the essay question asking 'why have you chosen to apply to AZHS?'   It doesn't specify a word or character count... I copy/pasted 300 words in and it seemed to accept it, but I didn't press submit yet.  Just wondering!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no required length. Mine was at about the same length.

Filling out the supplemental app today- how long was everyone's answer to the essay question asking 'why have you chosen to apply to AZHS?' It doesn't specify a word or character count... I copy/pasted 300 words in and it seemed to accept it, but I didn't press submit yet. Just wondering!

Received an Alternate spot a few days ago- any idea about chances of getting off and how long? I was perusing the other threads and didn't find anything. Thanks very much and really liked the program.

Alternate spot for what?  An alternate spot into the program or an alternate spot to interview?

CO 2015 = 50

CO 2016 = 52

Talked with some of you guys on Thursday and it was a pleasure meeting you. If there are any questions that I can help with, please ask away and I'll do my best to answer them. Be patient as it's a process and even when you think you didn't get in, you just might get the call.

Just in case anyone was planning on submitting their CASPA App and having it sent to ATSU, be warned.  I received the following email on 8/18.

"Currently our interview slots are filled with a significant waitlist so there is no guarantee additional applications will be screened.  We realize you have already received an invitation to submit a secondary application but want you to know the situation before you make the $70 payment.  No refunds will be issued if your application isn't reviewed. 

Donna

Donna Sparks, MA
Associate Director - Admissions Processing
A.T. Still University"

I submitted my CASPA on 7/11 but was slow on getting the secondary out due to work and working on secondaries for the 17 other programs I applied to this cycle.  This was going to be one of the last ones I submitted.

Good luck to everyone, but I just wanted to post this in case some people were still planning on sending their CASPA app in before the 9/1 deadline or if someone was planning on sending in their secondary.  I decided to save the $70 and just take my loss for the CASPA fees on this one.

Archived