Bryant University

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was offered an interview too! 

Could any current students tell me what the interview day is like?

congrats to everyone getting interviews!

the interview day was pretty relaxed. for mine, we first all met as a group and there was time to chat with the other applicants and (attempt) to eat some breakfast. it was then broken into 4 sections: a q&a with someone from the class above, a quick campus tour with another upper classman, a written essay portion, and then four 1:1 interviews with different program faculty.

good luck everyone!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats!! For those of you who received an invite yesterday, when did you receive the application under review e-mail? I did a week ago so these posts are making me panic! lol

Hi Kaliet193! I submitted my application on June 10th, my application was under review on June 16th but I did not take the GRE until June 14th... I received an email from Bryant on June 20th that they were still waiting on my scores... I received the invitation yesterday... Sorry my timeline is a little wacky! 

Good luck and stay patient!

How was the interview experience at Bryant? Can you provide any insight? Many thanks!

Interview was very relaxed. Four one-on-one interviews with four different faculty. The interviews are each about ten minutes. The rest of the day consists of a tour, an essay, and a Q&A with a student. My interviewers did not ask me anything that I was shocked by...no questions that should throw anyone for a loop. Make sure you have a lot of questions, because there were a lot of chances to ask questions. Since you are interviewing with four people, don't ask all your questions in one interview haha. I realized by the time that I got to the fourth interview that I had no questions left. My biggest advice is to be yourself. I know everyone says that, but in this case...be honest. If you are a funny person, be funny. If you aren't, don't try to be. I felt that the faculty was very open...they are genuinely nice people who had a real interest in each applicant. You are interviewing because they saw something in your application that they really liked, remember that! Most of my interviews were just conversations, and I had to bring up my own experiences and stories, rather than being directly asked about them. I have found that this is crucial at every interview! So for example, I have gone into each interview with four or five points/experiences that I want the interviewees to know about me. And they are not just like "motivated, hard workers...etc." Even if the questions did not directly ask me these points, I found a way to get them in. So for example, if you want to talk about an adversity that you have overcome, and they don't directly say "what adversities have you overcome?" find a way to get that in! You have the ability to shape the flow of the conversation/interview. So don't go in feeling ready to "answer questions." Go in with the stories you want to tell, and tell them! The essay was SO easy and is NOTHING to stress about. It is basically to see if you can write haha. I was accepted on the car ride home from my interview :) This was long and hopefully I did not ramble, but this is what I learned from my interviews and hopefully it is helpful! If anyone has specific questions, feel free to message me!

Interview was very relaxed. Four one-on-one interviews with four different faculty. The interviews are each about ten minutes. The rest of the day consists of a tour, an essay, and a Q&A with a student. My interviewers did not ask me anything that I was shocked by...no questions that should throw anyone for a loop. Make sure you have a lot of questions, because there were a lot of chances to ask questions. Since you are interviewing with four people, don't ask all your questions in one interview haha. I realized by the time that I got to the fourth interview that I had no questions left. My biggest advice is to be yourself. I know everyone says that, but in this case...be honest. If you are a funny person, be funny. If you aren't, don't try to be. I felt that the faculty was very open...they are genuinely nice people who had a real interest in each applicant. You are interviewing because they saw something in your application that they really liked, remember that! Most of my interviews were just conversations, and I had to bring up my own experiences and stories, rather than being directly asked about them. I have found that this is crucial at every interview! So for example, I have gone into each interview with four or five points/experiences that I want the interviewees to know about me. And they are not just like "motivated, hard workers...etc." Even if the questions did not directly ask me these points, I found a way to get them in. So for example, if you want to talk about an adversity that you have overcome, and they don't directly say "what adversities have you overcome?" find a way to get that in! You have the ability to shape the flow of the conversation/interview. So don't go in feeling ready to "answer questions." Go in with the stories you want to tell, and tell them! The essay was SO easy and is NOTHING to stress about. It is basically to see if you can write haha. I was accepted on the car ride home from my interview :) This was long and hopefully I did not ramble, but this is what I learned from my interviews and hopefully it is helpful! If anyone has specific questions, feel free to message me!

Sweet, Congrats!! I agree with what your saying. I had a similar interview experience last week. I was myself. I engaged in dynamic conversation with my interviewers and injected personal attributes/experiences wherever I could. Ill be sure to do the same during my interview at Bryant! 

Thanks for all the info!! 

Archived