Bryant University

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I applied and went to their open house on the 21st. I was very impressed! They have an affiliation with Brown Medical School and are building a brand new building specifically for the PA school. The director and the rest of the staff were very involved, friendly, and knowledgeable. Looks like it's going to be a great program!

I applied here... is anyone else confused about the supplemental application? It says the CASPA application won't be looked at until they receive the supplemental but the supp. app asks to describe your direct patient care experience in detail, with job responsibilities, and number of hours... and also another section is an exact replica to the part of CASPA where you enter the patient care experience - job title, supervisor name, phone number, responsibilities, hours accrued...

For someone like me who has over 8,000 patient care hours... it is all explained in CASPA and it just seems redundant but I guess my supplemental application will just be longer than they probably expect :) They ask you to type it up in a word document and email it back to them.

Yeah I was wondering that too... I mean I could use my best friend she's known me since 2nd grade! ha. I feel like it's weird to have a personal reference that is someone who isn't a co-worker or supervisor... any personal reference like a family friend would say nice things so I'm confused as to how personal of a reference it should be.

There were a lot of sections that were almost exactly the same as CASPA.  I did a lot of cutting and pasting from my CASPA application.  I used a co-worker that is also a friend as my personal reference.  That is also exactly how I described my relationship with him on the application. 

At the information session, the program director emphasized timeliness in returning correspondence to the program.  So you might want to consider that.

They told me this "As far as the personal reference goes, it really is for you to decide. Anyone who you think can speak to your character would be a great choice. We already have your professional references so it does not need to be someone with a clinical background."

I received an invitation for an interview via email today.  The dates interviews are 21 and 28 July and 11 August.  They asked me to prioritize the dates as chooses 1,2 and 3.  The email stated that interviews will begin at 8 am and last until  2pm.  Admission's will be done on a rolling basis. 

Archived