This post includes international resources for physician assistants including job resources, links to international PA programs, links to international PA organizations, and general guidance for a pre-PA, PA student, or current physician assistant seeking international opportunity.

http://doseofpa.blogspot.com/2014/04/international-physician-assistants.html

If you have any additions or notice anything that should be updated, please let me know. Thank you for reading.

Paul:

You've done a nice job of collating information from a variety of sources.  A couple of corrections, however:  the Walter Sisulu University program in South Africa is alive and well.  There have been some changes in the Mthatha faculty and their twinning relations with the University of Colorado is winding down but they have not closed the program.  Also, the University of Limpopo never started a program although there were plans to do so before the leadership changed.  Zambia trains clinical officers and medical licentiates at Chainama and has been doing so for nearly 20 years.  Rwanda re-opened its clinical officer program about two years ago after the various medical training programs were all brought under the umbrella of the University of Rwanda.  Finally Ghana has 4 programs - the College of Health and Well-being, Kintampo  (formerly the Kintampo Rural Health Training School) trains diploma medical assistants, Central University and Presbyterian University College train physician assistants and grant a B.Sc. 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By LCMoon85
      I saw a thread started somewhere but it wasn’t connected to this board. 

I feel like we are slacking this year! Where is everyone?? 😂 
    • By patelp
      I would love to get some guidance of previous or current Canadians applying to PA schools in USA. 
      Thank you! 🙂
    • By Andrea1020
      So I recently found a job that would work well with my schedule as a CNA covid tester. It entails testing patients and going through screening questions with patients then reporting results to the supervisor.  I am a little worried because I don’t really want to go for the job if it isn’t considered PCE. Has anyone have any info on whether or not this is PCE or HCE?
    • By Bloomcailtin
      Hello,
      I'm currently searching for EMPA jobs in the Seattle area. Looking to move in late spring/early summer of 2021 for my boyfriend's job. I've completed a postgrad residency in emergency medicine in an inner city hospital in the midwest. Will have 2 years of experience by time of move, was also an EMT-B for 3 years prior to school. I was wondering if anyone had information on good hospitals/groups to look at or knows of any places hiring!
      Thanks!
      C. Bloom
    • By PApreemie
      Hi!  I am currently in my fourth week of PA school and having some serious doubts as to what I am getting myself into.  
      I am worried for several of the following reasons:  that with the impact of covid 19 will take years to recover jobs (even healthcare), the amount of new PAs and NPs being pumped out of schools will cause more competition, and this study I read from the Bureau of Health Workforce...basically stating that the market will be saturated for PA's by 2025...
      Im worried, it'll be very hard to find work in southern Ca after school and I see some new PAs taking like, 8 months to a year to find a job.. I worry this will only get worse in the next few years when I graduate in 2022!!  I am not able to relocate out of state, nor can leave the metropolitan area around LA.
      I have a career to fall back on, if I decide to walk away from PA school making 60-70k. 
      I know no one can 100% say what will happen in the future.. but I am concerned to the point of walking away all-together.  Any input or advice would be appreciated. 

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More