Pa chances?

Hi,

I'm a junior planning on applying to california pa schools in the fall. My current stats are pretty terrible, overall gpa: 2.42 science: 0.91.  I'm planning on retaking chemistry and I still need to take Anatomy and Physiology, Microbiology, and Genetics.  I emailed with a counselor who said assuming I get A's in the rest of those I will have an overall of 3.08 and a science 3.75.  Plus the other non-science classes i will take would raise my overall gpa.  Is there any chance of me getting in? I also do not have much experience other than volunteering. I have applied for a pharm tech license so once I get a job in that I will try to get as many hours as possible.   Any input is appreciated, 

3.0 is the bare cutoff in Ca and your experience as a pharm tech won't really help for the Ca schools.

I think you're on the right track and you can get into a program with a 3.08 but most likely out of state. The programs in California appreciate GPA over anything else. If you have a 3.3 then I'd say realistically you're good to go.

You need a different HCE choice. Something with paid direct patient care like EKG tech, EMT, CNA and etc.

Which science courses have you taken and gotten crappy grades in? Because I don't see how 4 courses can boost a 0.91 to a 3.75. 

Wait till the next cycle so you can get some experience. Get your EMT/CNA cert and get some HCE hours because volunteering won't cut it. Pharm tech is hit or miss with PA programs, if I recall correctly from older threads.

• Administrator

Hi,

I'm a junior planning on applying to california pa schools in the fall. My current stats are pretty terrible, overall gpa: 2.42 science: 0.91. [...] Is there any chance of me getting in? I also do not have much experience other than volunteering. I have applied for a pharm tech license so once I get a job in that I will try to get as many hours as possible.   Any input is appreciated, 

Yeah, this person is either hopelessly clueless or a troll.  Regardless, to answer the question asked...

No.

You have zero chance of getting into PA school in this upcoming cycle.

Archived