How do LSUNO and LSU- Shreveport feels about scribes?

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I am not 100% about how LSU feels about scribing, but I do know that most schools do not count scribing as patient care hours because you do not actually interact with the patient.  By interact I mean take vitals, transport patient, clean patient, and so on.  I know that patient care hours are usually hands on and not just observation.  I am a scribe as well and have been told this by many schools.  I have applied to 8 schools, LSUS included, and I have not seen any that list scribing as patient care hours.  With that being said it's great experience, and they know that scribes have great health care experience and a higher than normal medical terminology knowledge.  You can describe your experience as a scribe by mentioning that you work with a diverse group of people, get to see what hospital life is really like, and understand what it is like to experience the front lines of working with patients.  I wish you the best of luck this year!

If I may, could you tell me the time line for LSUS getting back to you about interviews?  I have received an email that said that they are reviewing my application and will email me.  That was a week ago and I was wondering if you may know the time line.  Christian Brothers, in Memphis, sent me an invite to interview within a couple of days.  The anticipation is killing me. 

Thanks and good luck!

Archived