• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't received an email saying my application is under review and I submitted everything in the middle of July. Anyone else not received an application under review email? I'm starting to getting worried.

I never received a confirmation either so I emailed admissions back in August and got this response: We are currently reviewing your application.  You are not missing anything and do not need to take any additional steps at this time.

That was the last time I heard from them!

I heard from one of my friends in the program that the reason they are behind is because four faculty members are leaving and they are trying to find replacements.

That's just what I heard, so take it with a grain of salt..

You heard correctly. 

The interviews are being delayed--I think the November was moved to December or the December moved to January. Can't recall for sure.

It's all going to be fine. Only three died last year during the interviews....

have you guys heard (rejected /accepted) from any other universities?

None of the Texas programs I applied to have sent out any rejection/no interview letters. I think Texas schools tend to send them out fairly late in the cycle, but I have heard from several other programs that weren't Texas programs. I've only interviewed at one Texas program, UTMB, and haven't heard anything since*edit* I got a rejection from UNT on 12/1, and only applied to UNT, UTMB, UTSA, and Baylor in Texas

I've had a different experience. Already received 3 rejections and one acceptance. The only programs to have limited correspondence are baylor and UTHSCSA.

None of the Texas programs I applied to have sent out any rejection/no interview letters. I think Texas schools tend to send them out fairly late in the cycle, but I have heard from several other programs that weren't Texas programs

None of the Texas programs I applied to have sent out any rejection/no interview letters. I think Texas schools tend to send them out fairly late in the cycle, but I have heard from several other programs that weren't Texas programs

I was accepted by both UNTHSC and UTMB. I know that both schools have also sent out rejections and wait lists. 

Yesterday I received an interview invitation for December 13th any advice of what kind of questions they will ask or what to expect from the interview.

First off congrats on your invitation!! I interviewed back in October and found that the best advice I got was to be yourself. I bought several books on Amazon that allowed me to get a glimpse of what to expect. The day of the interview we were broken up into three groups, one group did the mini interviews, another wrote the essay, and the third group got to do a Q&A with first year students. 

Everyone was so nice, genuine, and yet so encouraging. Good luck and best wishes!!

I got an email yesterday that said the program length and curriculum may change if approved by the board to a 30 month program.  They are adding three months to the didactic and three months to the end of the clinical rotations as well.  Its been proposed but not approved sayeth the email.  It may or may not happen for this year, they wont know for a long time coming.  It is something to consider for those who have interviewed already and are being asked to interview.  Anyone else get this email?

I got an email yesterday that said the program length and curriculum may change if approved by the board to a 30 month program. They are adding three months to the didactic and three months to the end of the clinical rotations as well. Its been proposed but not approved sayeth the email. It may or may not happen for this year, they wont know for a long time coming. It is something to consider for those who have interviewed already and are being asked to interview. Anyone else get this email?

Yeah, I got it too. They also said they should let us know mid January of their decision from the interviews.

Archived