2014-2015 Drexel

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sugarfall

Sugarfall, Congrats ! when was your application verified/received by Drexel?

Verified 8/22. I actually accepted admission to another program so I will be giving my interview seat up. GL everyone!

I had an interview on Monday, October 27.  Does anyone know how long it usually takes to hear from Drexel?  I know it's only been about two weeks, but is there a certain amount of time to wait before contacting Drexel and ask where they are in the decision process?

They can let you know relatively quickly or in April.  If you haven't heard anything yet you have until April to hear.  You can ask them if you want.  Right now they'll tell you they'll be conducting interviews probably into January... maybe even into February depending on how many people they want to interview.

Drexel lets a few people know pretty quickly.  For most people accepted into the next class they receive notification in late winter to early spring.  It's a long, aggravating wait.  However, patience will be your friend.

Just got an invite to interview this week on the 21st. Super excited! My CASPA was verified 05/09/14 but I didnt decide to add Drexel to my list of schools until sept 11th. So I am happy that, even with my late addition, they considered my application.

I dont want to ask this in the actual interview, but out of curiousity does anyone know anything about their part time program. I want to do full-time, but I dont think any of my other programs have this option, so I was just curious.

Just got an invite to interview this week on the 21st. Super excited! My CASPA was verified 05/09/14 but I didnt decide to add Drexel to my list of schools until sept 11th. So I am happy that, even with my late addition, they considered my application.

I dont want to ask this in the actual interview, but out of curiousity does anyone know anything about their part time program. I want to do full-time, but I dont think any of my other programs have this option, so I was just curious.

I don't think there is anything wrong with inquiring about this at your interview, but I can tell you that the part time program is an option offered to anyone who is accepted into their program. You must declare before the start of the program whether or not you are going to be part time. If you choose to be full time cannot switch to part time (this is how it used to be, but they recently change the rules). The only disadvantages to part time are more time and money. In addition, as one of my interviewers pointed out, that it may be more difficult to be a part of the camaraderie that many people like to have since you will be on a different track than the majority of the other students. 

Will do! Haha my brain refuses to believe it until its official! :)

Me too! I'm still in denial I got accepted so quick!

Lamb_chop: Don't be discouraged! They don't do a lot of early acceptances. This is my second year applying and I know of people who didn't get accepted until a lot later in the cycle...especially if you still have pre-reqs and/or finishing a degree. A friend I know in the program got accepted immediately after she finished her degree and pre-reqs. So if that's your situation by any case, just make sure to stay on-top of that! :)

Thanks, ADH92. This is my second time applying too! I just need Genetics, which I will be taking in the spring. I have all of my other pre-reqs and my degree though, so I don't think that the one course would disable me from early acceptance? but maybe I'm wrong. Fingers crossed for a later acceptance! Congrats to all of you who received calls. 

Archived