CRNA's salary vs. PA's

Some bad information here. The average anesthesiology salary is between $250-300k. Not $450. If you are doing pain or in BFE doing locums you can make that much but not in an urban area.

David Carpenter, PA-C

"CRNAs, who are mostly salaried employees, earn about $150,000 a year, according to the AANA. Anesthesiologists in group practices, in contrast, took home a median $424,000 in 2009, according to the Medical Group Management Association." The 2011 medscape physician compensation report has anesthesiologists coming in at $350,000 on average. So I think the stat is up for sure.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 years later...

Honestly its been said repeatedly, if you chase the $ you will be ?, I think the original question was what’s the benefit to being an AA compared to CRNA? Simply put if they do a similar job why would someone choose a path (AA) that pays less on average then CRNA? 

Also I’ve read that CRNAs have one of the highest job satisfaction rates in the medical field. With that being said, no thanks I’ll stick to EM.

• 2 months later...

Archived