Seeking PA shadowing in St. Louis, MO area / Metro East / Edwardsville, IL Area

I am about to graduate from SIUe with my BS in BioMedical Science, and I need PA shadowing experience before I can apply to PA school. I am not from around here, so knowing the right people has been hard. I could have one in my hometown, but I do not want to move back home. Please message with any help! Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By sabella57
      Hello! I thought I would get the forum for the SIU application started!
      Has anyone had trouble filling out the supplemental application? There is no option to choose "Summer 2022".
    • By EmmaB1208
      Hello! I am going to be a senior college student in the fall of 2020. I am currently looking to shadow a PA in Western Mass during the winter or to shadow a PA in or near  Milton, Mass during the Fall 2020 semester. I am hoping to apply to PA school within a year after graduating and shadowing is one of the last requirements that I need to do. I am looking to do around 30 hours. 
    • By Zozo123
      Has Anyone ever got accepted without any clinical hours? Also, would shadowing a pa or working as a pharmacy technician count as clinical hours?
    • Guest LauraE2022
      By Guest LauraE2022
      Hello. I am currently looking in Birmingham, Al (and surrounding areas) for PAs in multiple disciplines to shadow,  Orthopedics/ER/Dermatology/Pediatrics/Oncology/Primary Care. I will begin prerequisite class work in the summer and will be available Fridays as well as a couple of mornings and weekends. Please let me know if you would be available to let me shadow I would greatly appreciate the opportunity. Thanks!

• By jersey33
      What is the process of creating a clinical site or at least an affiliation with a doctor or organization for one student to do a rotation at? I have been desperately trying to get clinical rotations in CA, my home, while I am currently out of state. I have situational depression and I know that being able to do rotations back at home would help immensely with my focus, happiness, and health, but my school won't budge in helping me. Their reasoning was that it's too much work for them to make affiliations with new sites. I have found doctors willing to take me in for rotations though, so the only thing left would be the paperwork which I thought was in large part filled out by the preceptor. Does anyone know anything about this, and if so, could you please help me understand?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More