Midwestern (Downers Grove) vs. Rush (Chicago)

5 members have voted

1. 1. Midwestern or Rush

• Midwestern
    • Rush

Just wondering if people had advice/opinions on these two programs. Rush is a newer program and Midwestern is a little more established.

-Does anyone have any insight on which may overall have better clinical rotations/job placement?

-Is the extra 6 months at Rush going to be a great advantage in terms of getting hired?

-Is Rush still working out the kinks of being a newer program (started in 2010)?

-Does Midwestern still have good downtown Chicago rotations?

Advice would be greatly appreciated on any of the questions!

I'm actually a student at UK, but I'm doing a rotation at Cook County this month and have talked to a few Rush students. I think the extra 9 months of clinicals they get compared to most programs is awesome. Especially if you aren't planning on doing a residency, having nearly double the amount of clinical experience would really set you apart when job hunting. As to the other questions, I can't really comment. I haven't met any Midwestern students in Chicago, but that's not to say they don't do rotations downtown.

Archived