Arcadia alum here, I'll answer any questions

On 4/2/2014 at 11:59 AM, BruceBanner said:

I'm an alum from Arcadia, a few classes back. Ask away and I'll give you the straight dope. It's a strong academic program. Arcadia has been in the top 3-4% of PANCE scores by school since 2011 I believe. We had 3 guys who scored perfect or near-perfect in my class. There are some things however you won't like and some things you can do to streamline your experience. 

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for putting up this post and answering all the question. I'm an applicant for PA program this cycle 2019-2020. I got accepted to the program at Arcadia-Glenn Side campus about 2 months ago. On my interview day, we were taken on tour by current 1st year students who are still familiarize with the school at the moment (July to be exact). I still have a lot of question about the school facilities. I went to interview at Temple and PCOM and I was really impressed by their History and physical (H&P) lab or simulation centers with robotic mannequin and different medical equipment/devices. On the student info, I do see that Arcadia have Standardized Patient (SP) where it stated that there will be actor/actress that help us learn about certain situations etc. I wonder if Arcadia would have something similar to other school beside SP such as H&P lab, Simulation center, robotic mannequin and other surgical/medical procedural equipment to aid in learning and practicing skills.

Thank you in advance!

On 11/7/2019 at 12:15 PM, vhn003 said:

Hi Bruce,

Thank you for putting up this post and answering all the question. I'm an applicant for PA program this cycle 2019-2020. I got accepted to the program at Arcadia-Glenn Side campus about 2 months ago. On my interview day, we were taken on tour by current 1st year students who are still familiarize with the school at the moment (July to be exact). I still have a lot of question about the school facilities. I went to interview at Temple and PCOM and I was really impressed by their History and physical (H&P) lab or simulation centers with robotic mannequin and different medical equipment/devices. On the student info, I do see that Arcadia have Standardized Patient (SP) where it stated that there will be actor/actress that help us learn about certain situations etc. I wonder if Arcadia would have something similar to other school beside SP such as H&P lab, Simulation center, robotic mannequin and other surgical/medical procedural equipment to aid in learning and practicing skills.

Thank you in advance!

Honestly I havent been there since 2012, so many things may have changed. 

We had SPs, an H&P lab, and a robotic mannequin for intubations, etc. 

Went I went through it was a very difficult program and staff was punitive in some ways, with punishments that did not fit the crime. I hated them to be honest, but I was well-prepared for boards. That was 7-8 years ago so take that with a grain of salt.