Does the state I attend school in, determine where I work?

I think the out of state school should be fine. I went to an out of state program. For my rotations I was still able to set up 3 of my own in my home state and 3 in the state in which I wanted to work in after graduation. You may just have to work a little harder to set up your rotations if there is a state you want them in which they don't already offer rotations.

I was in this same predicament. I chose out of state, and my program doesn't do rotations in my home state. It kinda sucks, because you'll probably get job offers in the state you do rotations versus where you actually want to work. It will just take extra effort on your part to network in your home state/area where you want to work. Other than that, it was a good choice for me. If you can get rotations in your home state, then you're golden.

Thank you for the replies. I am just feeling a little worried to be offered a position after my rotations out of state, and then having a hard time turning a job down to move back to CA to find a job here. I have heard it is difficult to find jobs in CA compared to other states. Do you believe there is any truth to this?

Archived