January 2015 Start

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So south's waiting list has an order. If someone drops out, they call who ever is next on the list. However, if you call, Tiffany or Lacey will not be able to tell you which position you are in.

For our class, people were added up until the first day of orientation, so the wait list really is valid until then. I know it sucks just waiting around, but that's what you're going to have do. Pretty much at this point you're waiting for someone to give up their seat in case they want to go somewhere else." -from a current student

I believe being a medic with a plus but I am afraid it will still be a challenge.  The group I was with was told by one of the administrative members that South got over 1000 applicants for the class and that they only take under 150 to interviews and out of that, at least for this time, they were taking only 24.  From there some would be placed on a wait list and the rest asked to reapply next year.  When I was told I was on the wait list everyone I spoke to said that it is a good thing and to not be discouraged because you made it that far.  I know that might not be of any help but it is what I took away when I was placed on the wait list.  If it is what you want and you are on the wait list, do not give up.  She also said that she was making phone calls during the Christmas holidays to people from the wait list.  

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats to everyone who got accepted or put on the wait list! I go my rejection letter a few weeks ago and I was just wondering those of you who got accepted, what were your application credentials? I just want to get an idea of what I was missing to have gotten a rejection. If any of you would be so kind as to share your accepting qualifications:

What degree did you get? Bachelors/Masters:

GPA/Science GPA:

Patient Care Hours:

Shadowing Hours:

GRE Scores: 

What do you think made you stand out:

Thanks guys! And again Congrats on your awesome accomplishments!!

• 3 weeks later...

My GPA has a bunch of holes that I have been trying a long time to repair. I used to drop classes after the drop deadline for family medical reasons & would get an I, which then turned to an F. Grade forgiveness repaired a bunch, but CASPA doesn't consider it. With that said, my stats are:

Sex: Male

UG: Exercise Science

Also: EMT, PARAMEDIC

Health/Fitness Exp: 15 years

Medical Experience: 5 years

GPA per CASPA 2.95 (240 credits)

GRE: 311 or so, 4.5 analytical

Currently on waiting list.

I had 4 days warning for my interview & with school & working nights in ICU, did not prepare very well for my interview.

With that said, one interviewer loved me, the other two seemed ok. I did not walk away feeling like I killed it. The waiting part is killing me????

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Did anyone from the waitlist ever hear a final word? I know the semester started the 12th so I assume they are done pulling from the waitlist but I wanted to call and see if they could tell me where on the list I was ranked now that it is done. Any advice?

I never heard either.  I'm waiting on a denial letter/email any day now...since they're so far into the semester.

I am super frustrated with the lack of communication from this school.

I am not sure if the Admin assistant, Lacey, is still with the company.  I had sent multiple emails with updates of transcripts and simple, non-prodding questions and I never received a reply to one.  Later the emails bounced back.  Basically, the last I heard from them was, 'you are on the waitlist and you may be accepted up until mid January'

Even now, I would really like acceptance to their program, and if a spot opened this late, I would accept it still!

Darn!!!!

I am super frustrated with the lack of communication from this school.

I am not sure if the Admin assistant, Lacey, is still with the company.  I had sent multiple emails with updates of transcripts and simple, non-prodding questions and I never received a reply to one.  Later the emails bounced back.  Basically, the last I heard from them was, 'you are on the waitlist and you may be accepted up until mid January'

Even now, I would really like acceptance to their program, and if a spot opened this late, I would accept it still!

Darn!!!!

I can sympathize - not this school, but I was an alternate at a school for admission August 2014.  Their system STILL shows me as an Alternate!  If they call me now, I have 6 months of the didactic year to catch up on.  :)  Not holding my breath.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had an interview on 10/30 and was called with an acceptance offer on 11/4. I was worried about my chances because I am not the typical student and my GPA was on the lower end. So don't be discouraged if you don't have the best scores, experience helps out too. Congrats to those of you who are accepted, I can't wait to meet the class!

what was your profile? Science GPA?overall? gre?

Archived