PAFT AAPA Election Endorsements

PAs For Tomorrow AAPA Candidate Endorsements

PAs for Tomorrow feels that this year, we as a profession through the AAPA will elect a Board that will continue to make history.  We want to acknowledge that the AAPA Board under the Presidency of Larry Herman has done much to move the profession forward. We ask the upcoming Board under upcoming President McGinnity to continue and build upon that progress.

PAs for Tomorrow asked all PAs running for office to submit answers to questions to the PAFT Board.  After review of all the candidates responses, PAFT has chosen to endorse only a limited number of candidates. We would ask that all PAs and especially our members review the candidate answers that will be posted on our web site and then vote. Without voting, you remain silent. If it takes you 15 minutes to read and vote, please do.

For the 2014 AAPA Elections, PAFT endorses:

President-Elect: Vicki Chan-Padgett

Secretary-Treasurer- Josanne Pagel 

Director At Large: PAFT feels that no candidate understands the needs of our membership. No candidate seemed to understand what the issues were that were important to our members and ultimately to the PA profession. We invite all candidates to contact us to start a dialogue with our leaders so that they may learn the issues we are passionate about for the future. No candidate took the initiative to engage us in a dialogue; although once contacted by us, all responded to our questions. We wish all the candidates luck in guiding our profession into the future.

Several members of the board met with all the candidates in person and/or spoke with them on the phone at length. The 2 chosen had priorities most in line with the core beliefs of PAFT (doing away with outdated terminology, advocating for PR, etc). none of the director at large candidates seemed to understand PAFTs position on the issues so we are not endorsing anyone for those offices.

I am glad to see Vicki Chan-Padgett endorsed, she is awesome!

But I must also point out that no one met with me or talked on the phone with me before the endorsements, per the assertion above of "the board met with all the candidates in person and/or spoke with them on the phone at length." I would have welcomed the opportunity.

I invite all to see my platform at http://www.aapa.org/about_aapa/leaders/resources/item.aspx?id=7390. I think I represent the values that are consistent with PAFT, and I'm disappointed that PAFT made this endorsement without  meeting or speaking with me. 

I stand by my recent Huffington Post blog post "For Physician Assistants, One Word Can Mean a Lot.

I am glad to see Vicki Chan-Padgett endorsed, she is awesome!

But I must also point out that no one met with me or talked on the phone with me before the endorsements, per the assertion above of "the board met with all the candidates in person and/or spoke with them on the phone at length." I would have welcomed the opportunity.

I invite all to see my platform at http://www.aapa.org/about_aapa/leaders/resources/item.aspx?id=7390. I think I represent the values that are consistent with PAFT, and I'm disappointed that PAFT made this endorsement without  meeting or speaking with me. 

I stand by my recent Huffington Post blog post "For Physician Assistants, One Word Can Mean a Lot.

I was told that the president elect  of PAFT spoke with you at length....

He did, when I called him after seeing the endorsement announcement on this site tonight. I also have spoken with him from time to time, but no one from PAFT, including him, spoke with me about my response to the PAFT survey until I called him after the announcement. 

we reviewed prior articles, discussions, and postings in making our decision. the endorsements were a majority decision and not all were unanimous. our discussion lasted over an hour.

I'm sorry if you feel slighted by the process, that was not our intent.

I wish you all the best regardless of the election outcome.

That's a bit disenfranchising.

It's the SOP for these types organizations and is why most BODs have a student representative. Students are generally not given full voting rights but ideally have some voice through their rep.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I guess my natural follow-up question is: why would the AAPA send me an email saying "voting is open" and invite me to vote when I am signed up as a Student Member and pay the fees as a student member? It's one thing if I never receive such an email inviting me to vote but it's another when I get this email, spend an hour reviewing the candidates, and then try to vote but can't.

I guess my natural follow-up question is: why would the AAPA send me an email saying "voting is open" and invite me to vote when I am signed up as a Student Member and pay the fees as a student member? It's one thing if I never receive such an email inviting me to vote but it's another when I get this email, spend an hour reviewing the candidates, and then try to vote but can't.

I'm sure they just added their whole mailing list and hit send. It probably even went out to pre-PAs and people that aren't members anymore and just haven't unsubscribed. The time you spent is worthwhile regardless. Even(or especially) as students we should stay informed about our profession.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Welcome to a APAA, sometimes their actions make no sense

I did just read through a lot of the information provided on the AAPA website

This is not an endorsement from PAFT

I like Peter in John, they at least seem to have their feet on the ground, With John even saying they need to start a real discourse on the name change issue.

Folks, we have to vote, if you are PA FT member, care about the future, at least vote for the two which have been endorsed and read the rest.

Not voting really is the worst choice possible.

Archived