CASPA 2014-2015

Congratulations to all of you that have already been accepted! If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear your stats as far as GPA, Science GPA, and Contact Hours.

Thank you and congratulations again!

My gap was 3.66 and my science was 3.55. I had only 202 hours when accepted but since then I have about 400! They knew I would be working until school started. I also had a lot of extracurriculars including playing a collegiate sport, so I think that helped me!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the reply! It's really helpful to hear from actual people, not just stats on a website. 

My GPA and situation is similar to yours so maybe I'll be seeing you next year :) Congratulations again on your acceptance!

My gap was 3.66 and my science was 3.55. I had only 202 hours when accepted but since then I have about 400! They knew I would be working until school started. I also had a lot of extracurriculars including playing a collegiate sport, so I think that helped me!

Thanks for the reply! It's really helpful to hear from actual people, not just stats on a website. 

My GPA and situation is similar to yours so maybe I'll be seeing you next year :) Congratulations again on your acceptance!

Sounds great! Let me know if you need anything, and thank you! :) Good luck!!

Too early for me, just found the interview invite in my spam folder today....  An option is this friday but I think I'll ask for Sept 12th or Oct 6th.  Stats were 3.0 cGPA, 3.2 sGPA, 318 GRE, 3500 hours HCE, 150 hr shadowing.  I gathered around 1100-1200 applied and they send about 200 interview invites with about 80 acceptances.

Hi everyone, I was thinking about applying to Lock Haven but I'm a little confused about the satellite campuses. Where/when do you designate which campus you'd like to attend? Or do they assign you to one if you are accepted?

Once you are accepted, they will ask you what campus you would like to attend.  Lectures rotate from each campus and if the professor is not at your campus, you get it through a live feed.  They show you all of this at the interview..it is super cool!  I suggest applying ASAP..they have already been filling spots up and they start in May unlike other programs that start in the fall.

• 1 month later...

I interview november 4th. RTto PA, what did the test they gave mainly consist of? Any other info on what to expect on interview day would be highly appreciated.

You start the session with information about the university (their mission, layout of the program, introduction to faculty, etc). You also do a writing sample and a basic science/anatomy test. I'm pretty sure they just like to see where everyone is starting. I've been told that the test doesn't affect your admittance, though. Finally, you'll interview with (usually) 2 faculty and possibly a student or alumnus.

Overall, the faculty and staff are extremely laid-back and welcoming. They really do their best to put you at ease and remind you that the interview day is also a chance to see if they are a good fit for you.

Good luck on your interview! I'm sure you'll love them :)

Was anyone else on here accepted to Main Campus? I'm very excited and would love to meet any other people accepted! As far as the interview, don't worry too much about the test (if you want to review anything, look over your anatomy). The faculty are extremely helpful and nice and really just want to get to know you as a person. Good luck on interviews coming up! :)

Archived