CASPA 2014-2015

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the wait but forget I had posted.  He explained how initially they score applicants out of 30.0 points before they send out interview invitations.  They divide them up by GPA (5.0), Science GPA (5.0), GRE scores (5.0) LORS (5.0) and I believe the Personal Statement was out of 10.  My overall GPA is pretty weak at around 3.0 but he also explained you get bonus credit  for military service, being from Central PA (meeting their mission statement), working in the community as a Paramedic or w.e ( as I am now),  Shadowing experience and HCE.  After that all bets are off because the interview alone will be worth 20.0 points and can obviously get you accepted on the spot.  Anyway I'm not completely certain on the numbers but I think I remembered them correctly and hope it helps.  Hope you are from PA as the majority of their acceptance is from PA ( they get a lot of money from the state to meet provider shortages in central PA - keywords "primary care in rural underserved pa" at the interview)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thats great!  I just completed my CASPA application the other day and it's just waiting to be verified, I've just received some invites for open houses at places like Arcadia etc, but hopefully will have an interview with LHU.  Last time I was in and talked to the LH professor he said good luck and that he'd see me in a couple months during interviews (he is on adcomm).  I took that as a good sign so fingers crossed for official invite

Did they send you an email or call?  I hate picking up the phone for unknown numbers hah

Haha, I never answer unknown phone calls either!  They sent me an email with 4 choices of interview dates/ times

Is anyone going to be there for the August 4th interview?  Would love to meet up with fellow applicants before the actual interview

Hey all! 

I was verified this morning around 7 and I received an email from LHU around 10 with an interview! They emailed me and gave me dates (like stated above). fakingpatience, I will be at the Aug 4th interview from 1-5pm. Are you going at this time or the earlier slot?

Hello all, 

My CASPA application was verified by CASPA on 23rd June, but I have not received any email for interview. My application is quite competitive with 3.94 GPA, 640 hrs of patient care experience, 312 GRE. Can you please tell me where I am lacking? I have not received any email from LHUP that they have received my application.

Thank you.

Hello all, 

My CASPA application was verified by CASPA on 23rd June, but I have not received any email for interview. My application is quite competitive with 3.94 GPA, 640 hrs of patient care experience, 312 GRE. Can you please tell me where I am lacking? I have not received any email from LHUP that they have received my application.

Thank you.

IMO (and take what I say with a grain of salt, since I'm just an applicant too), without requiring a secondary application, LHU only really has your GPA, GRE, HCE, essay, and references to go on. Your GPA is excellent, GRE good as well, so I'd say it'd have to be your HCE, essay or references.  Dunno what the average HCE is for LHU, but 640 hours is really not very much.  

That said, couldn't hurt to just shoot them a quick email to ensure they received your application.  

To those who had interview on 4th August, how it went?

Everyone was super nice! I really felt a warm welcome. The interviewers were pleasant too! I didn't feel too nervous after a little bit. I should have at least looked over some school stuff before the test they give you. It wasn't hard but I should have remembered more!

HI all I just received an interview for august 22nd! What's the nearest airport to lockhaven? or maybe just cheapest:) And what kind of test are we talking about here, like a terminology test?

Like she said, it's definitely more anatomy than anything. Brush up on that..I wouldn't worry too much about it. Williamsport is the closest..Harrisburg is about an hour and a half away I think.

Like she said, it's definitely more anatomy than anything. Brush up on that..I wouldn't worry too much about it. Williamsport is the closest..Harrisburg is about an hour and a half away I think.

Thanks! and @PAMiler46 I got an interview invite like 2 months after my application was received, I thought for sure I wouldn't get one with everyone getting them immediately on here, but one showed up, so you never know

Archived