2015 Cycle

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm curious if anyone has received any form of email communication from the program. It's been a week, as per the email, unless they're delayed as are the official acceptance emails.

If you received "the call" and accepted your seat, there is nothing to worry. The paperwork will come. Trust me!! Relish in this moment and welcome to SBU!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all who have interviewed already and waiting. I think its a great opportunity to have even gotten an interview! I am going to assume if I have not gotten any supplemental request by now, it means I've been rejected. I wish you all the best of luck!

Question for anyone who has interviewed during the afternoon session- When did you get out of the interview? It says 5 PM but I am wondering if it really lasts that long. I am trying to get transportation from Penn station home for my interview on 11/6 so I will need to coordinate time for getting from SB to NYC. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

@lg684 I attended an afternoon interview and ended about 3:00 pm. Some people interview early than others so its kind of difficult to give an exact time, because you leave when you finish interviewing. I believe the latest interviews went to about 4 pm.

Thank you!!

I interviewed in the afternoon. They ran behind schedule so I did not finish until about 4:05 which unfortunately got me to the train station too late to catch the 4:17 back to penn station. I ended up taking the 7 bus from campus to get back to NYC faster than the next train which left at 6:45. I was one of the last to leave for the day so it's hard to say if I would have been ok with an extra 10 mins. The bus wasn't bad at all but look into it ahead of time just to be safe.

Question for anyone who has interviewed during the afternoon session- When did you get out of the interview? It says 5 PM but I am wondering if it really lasts that long. I am trying to get transportation from Penn station home for my interview on 11/6 so I will need to coordinate time for getting from SB to NYC. Any help is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Look into the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR).  Its a commuter train so it runs very frequently during rush hour.  All of the trains will take you directly into the Penn station.

Thanks everyone for your help. I am trying to access the camps bus schedules but I am a little confused. I know the interview is at the stony brook hospital, but am unsure what bus to take from the LIRR stony brook stop. Did anyone from either interviews take the LIRR To SBU then utilize the free campus bus to the hospital? If so, what bus should I be looking for (assuming there are different branches)? Thank you!!!!

There's a hospital bus that runs every 15 minutes or so and is denoted by the color purple. If you have to walk or take alternative transport, the hospital is accessable by the tunnel that runs under Nicolls road. This is roughly around the area of Roth Quad and between the main entrance and the Tabler entrance. There is a parking lot here as well. You'd just have to walk under the tunnels which would take you to the second floor of the HSC. Then at the end of the halls there's a set of escalators that take you to the fifth floor which is where the lobby is. There should be signs posted,  at least they were when I went the day before to scope it out.

Archived