2015 Cycle

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Torshi, I'm from Boston and I'm flying to Long Island MacArthur Airport (yes I should drive but I'm not). Its close to the school and there's a free shuttle from the airport to a hotel near by, and then there's a shuttle from the hotel to the school. No need to rent a car at all. Not many airlines fly to that airport because it's small, but Southwest does. You can check that out. Or you can fly to JFK and take the Long Island Railroad to Stony Brook directly (about 45 mins). Also a shuttle to the school from the train stop and the LIRR is accessible from JFK. Like I said I'm from Boston, but I've never been to the school before, but I have been to Manhattan, so this is all information I've read. Hope it helps or maybe a person from the school and/or Long Island can chime in.

I'm from Long Island and MLStoPA's advice is good. MacArthur is the closest airport to the school but JFK should be easy to take also. I've never had to fly from/to stony brook but there is a train station on campus so if you do fly into JFK, I think you can take the AirTrain from the airport to Jamaica station then take the Port Jefferson train line out to Stony Brook. Let me know if you have any other questions! I'm also a Stony Brook Grad as well so if people have questions about campus, feel free to ask.

Thank you, I might do the DFW to ISP then shuttle

Few questions

Is the class size only 40 or more this year? The email I received for the interview said 40, but from previous thread I saw that it was higher.

Is the interview just two individual ones - asking basic questions? Sorry if repetitive.

I haven't interviewed before so I'm not sure about that. I'm pretty sure it's about 40-44 people. Not sure the exact number of this years class. Traffic can be hell sometimes on Nicolls Road but if you're staying at the Holiday Inn listed in the email, it should be about a 10-15min ride. I heard that you can tell the hotel which shuttle you want to take and they'll help you out.

The interview was pretty short overall. I did the noon session and was done by 3:30. The students meet you in the lobby, bring you to the classroom in the back of the hospital. Then you get an overview of the program and either go for a tour or go to your interviews. There were 10 rooms with 2 people each interviewing people one on one. Some were students, faculty, and preceptors. The questions were pretty much what you expect. It was a very professional interview. Very one sided- they ask the questions and you give the answers. The second interview I was able to ask a couple of questions. I hope this helps!

Archived