If You Were Born In The 60s, 70s, or 80s, You Have to Watch This. WOW.

Amen! Created a nine hole golf course on the school yard across the street and had pickup baseball and basketball games. Rode bikes (stingrays with banana seats) all around the neighborhood. Wasn't overweight then because we were active (you hear me E?), and in fact was a skinny son-of-a-gun from all the activity. Even made forts out of the backyard redwood picnic tables. Those were good times...the times of Marcus Welby, M.D. and Love, American Style!

Guest Paula

Had to be home by 5:30 when the siren blew, rode bikes to the swimming pool every day in the summer and stayed ALL DAY and rode back to the pool for 2 more hours at night.  Had an empty lot across the street from my house that was used as the local baseball and kickball field. Rode bikes to the sand pit and picked the minnows out of the stream.  Rode my bike 8 miles to the lake on weekends on a major road.  Learned how to drive on country roads and was allowed to do a spin out on gravel.  Played in haylofts.  Spent winter days at the local golf course sliding down the hill.  No parents hanging over us to make sure we didn't kill ourselves.  

Wow. those were the days.  wish I would have kept a pair of my bell-bottoms and platform shoes for my daughter who collects vintage clothes!!!!

I was born in the 70's...I actually find these type of things to be pretty condescending.  While there may be truth to it, who are the folks that that changed things.....

The kids are not to blame....the very generation that brags how great their childhood was is also the same generation that changed how children are brought up.

Just a thought.

Guest Paula

I was born in the 70's...I actually find these type of things to be pretty condescending.  While there may be truth to it, who are the folks that that changed things.....

The kids are not to blame....the very generation that brags how great their childhood was is also the same generation that changed how children are brought up.

Just a thought.

Actually it might be the generation who attended Woodstock.  I was too young.  We are still suffering from the fall-out of the free love hippie generation.  I was in the Jesus people movement. 

Guest Paula

LOL!  Something to humor your day.  But it was a real movement.  I remember going to Minneapolis to a theater that had been converted to a church...Jesus People church and watched a play of some sort.  I was I high school.  It was on Hennepin Ave.  Lots of hippies, homeless people and was a revelation to me that people could live that way.  What do you expect from a small town girl with best friends who lived on farms? 

Nostalgia is getting me! 

Archived