OHIO DAYTON UNIVERSITY

Hey Guys, as far as safety, and crime rates go, I've read some pretty scary stuff about Dayton area. Do you think its wise living outside the Dayton city limits like oakwood, Kettering, or beavercreek, and commuting to Dayton for school. I just want your opinion, knowing you are from Ohio.

Actually Downtown is one of the better areas...I would avoid the west side(edgemont) entirely and the northside(riverside).

The following are all suburbs of dayton that are twenty minutes or less commute time and are worth considering. None are dangerous in terms of violent crime, some may have issues with vandalism/theft in certain pockets of the city, but I mention them below.

Oregon district is nice lots of happenings in the area..no idea what price is though

Oakwood is nice, but is a very affluent area so rent may be significantly more than surrounding areas.

If you go south...

Kettering has some really nice areas and some really sketchy areas, but not overly dangerous. You would just need to do your due diligence.

Miamisburg (around the mall area) has lots of commercial apartment complexes that are safe, reasonably priced, but will involve lots of mall traffic during certain hours.

Centerville is a very nice area. Pretty affluent as well, safe, may be higer priced.

Springboard is a nice area. Really booming with new development.

East of campus...

Beavercreek/Fairborn is a college/military area so tons of options, but is a little further from campus. The entire area is safe, some of Fairborn is a little run down, but safe.

bellbrook- pretty nice area, most of it is further from campus but some of it is within 20 minutes.

If you go north...

Huber heights (northeast of campus) is dirt cheap, has some areas you will want to avoid, but not dangerous. Very blue collar area.

Vandalia is a nice area and wouldn't be a bad drive.

Englewood isn't bad either. It's a big heroine hub from the west side of dayton, but I would have no problem walking around at night in Englewood, it's mostly the southwest area I'd be more concerned with. The part butting up against trotwood.

I have lived in miamisburg, huber heights, vandalia, and beavercreek/Fairborn. I have worked in Centerville, downtown Dayton, Englewood, and kettering. So if you are looking in those areas I can provide a little more detailed insight.

We have made the group "University of Dayton PA Class of 2017" so if you have been admitted please join! Also, I had some trouble too but eventually got in to send the deposit. I'm not sure if I have done everything else I need to do though because it is a little difficult to navigate once you are in there.

Hi guys, can you post a link to the FB page. I only see the class of 2016 on there. I belive Amy is one of the administrator on that page. @ohioheat9, i hope you were able to figure it out. the only problem i had was interchanging my birth month with birthday, and not typing in the first three letters of birth month, just because im not use to dating like that, but that was just a mind thing, i quickly figured it out.

Archived