NHSC 2014

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

Based on older forums, it looks like credit checks began in July-August and finalists were notified as early as the end of the July to as late as early September. I don't know if the timeline will be the same or not for this year. Classes for me start in a week, so I hope to be busy enough with school that time passes quickly. Fingers crossed for all.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I received my award in 2009 so I don't have any recent information. I was told in September that I was EITHER "an alternate or a finalist". In other words, I had not been denied an award. At that point I was asked to sign a new contract stating that if given the award I would accept it and abide by the conditions... then the first week of October I received a letter in the mail stating I was a recipient.

NOW there is a portal that you use to keep an eye on your status so you don't have to wait for snail mail. I had a friend who received a scholarship in 2012 and she found out that she got it in September.

So... although not impossible to start getting news as early as July, you might drive yourself crazy in anticipation if you don't have it in the back of your mind that it may take longer.

Good luck to you all! It's a marvelous journey!

• 2 weeks later...

My program has already started, if I was awarded would they retropay for the time I had already been in school?  I logged in the "2 year window" starting in May during the application process.

I think they start paying from July.I would call to make sure.  I was lurking on SDN on the dental forum, some people had their credit checked. 

Also looking at the studentdoc forum, some of them have called and have been told that everyone gets credit checked; it is part of the review process. They were also told that if you don't have a status update in 2 months that you should call which I take to mean that decisions will be made by the end of August at the latest. Still a long time to wait if you ask me!

Archived