NHSC 2014

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

Amina, were you able to see the essay questions already?  I didn't explore the site much but wasn't able to view the essay topics in the application until after my LORs were submitted....maybe I'm missing something.  I'd like to get started on them.

Yes, you can see it after you submit your LORs request. Copied from my app:

1. How will you contribute to the mission of the National Health Service Corps in providing care to underserved communities?
  2. What experiences have you had or activities have you participated in that have prepared you to work with underserved populations?
  3. Please discuss your commitment to pursue a career in primary health care.

Essays should be limited to 2,500 characters or less in Times New Roman 12 font.

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

$1289 from last year's information. May be more this year, I haven't checked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Is anyone else having trouble entering dates? My program goes from 08/20/2014 to 08/05/2016, so two years. It wont allow me to put two years as time needed to complete it because each year needs to end by 06/30. So I put three years for time left to complete to adjust for the dates, but when it asked how long the program is I should put two years right?

Guest RainbowUnikittyPAC

There is a conference call tonight for q & a. Maybe someone can ask that question. I'm having the same problem but unfortunately work tonight and can't call in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The date problem is weird because it basically doesn't have to match up at all with what your program start and end dates are. I called a couple days ago and had someone walk me through it. They don't even use those dates anyways, they use the dates that you entered above the year to year entry fields.

I'm curious for those who already have applied or even those who haven't, Who have did you have write your letters of recommendation? Since this is more geared toward working in a rural area, would a LOR from a past employer on a farm work? and maybe a PA is have shadowed? thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

I am a 2012 PA School graduate who received the NHSC Scholarship. I have six months left to fulfilling my two-year commitment, a job that I relocated across the country for.  I would be glad to answer any questions. Good luck to you all!

I am a 2012 PA School graduate who received the NHSC Scholarship. I have six months left to fulfilling my two-year commitment, a job that I relocated across the country for.  I would be glad to answer any questions. Good luck to you all!

Hello, jts do you like your site? And were you from a disadvantage background?

Archived