California: Chapman University

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest soccergirly

Hey All,

I created a Facebook group for the incoming class - 'Chapman University MMS Class of 2019'. Everyone who has been accepted to the program should join in, so we can get to know each other!!

Have a great rest of the week :)

Taryn

For those accepted, were you in the August round of interviews? Also, congrats!

Hello Everyone!! I received my acceptance on Monday, and I can't wait to meet all of my fellow classmates! I am so excited. :) 

Congrats!! When did you interview if you don't mind me asking? Are they already giving out acceptances from the interviews last week?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest soccergirly

I think I saw on here that someone has an interview on Oct. 27. And from what I understand that might be the last round of interviews for this year.

Oh ok, so are they not interviewing for 3 days then like how they did in August and September? Not sure if anyone knows this necessarily...just curious. :)

I have my interview this Thursday Oct. 27th. Wish me luck. Does anyone in the Facebook group have a  rough idea of how many spots are left? Nervous but excited to interview (: 

I saw someone said about 12 people interviewed with them. I am assuming this will be a mix of group interviews and individual? 

I have my interview this Thursday Oct. 27th. Wish me luck. Does anyone in the Facebook group have a  rough idea of how many spots are left? Nervous but excited to interview (: 

I saw someone said about 12 people interviewed with them. I am assuming this will be a mix of group interviews and individual? 

I believe there are at least 14 spots taken per the Facebook group, but I am not sure if everyone who has been accepted is in the group. I am also not sure if everyone in the group is 100% committed to their spot. Don't be nervous! I know everyone says this, but be yourself is the best piece of advice I can give :) The faculty are very friendly and make you feel very at home. As long as you have done your preparation, there will be no surprises. Good luck!

I believe there are at least 14 spots taken per the Facebook group, but I am not sure if everyone who has been accepted is in the group. I am also not sure if everyone in the group is 100% committed to their spot. Don't be nervous! I know everyone says this, but be yourself is the best piece of advice I can give :) The faculty are very friendly and make you feel very at home. As long as you have done your preparation, there will be no surprises. Good luck!

Thank you! They just sent me the schedule and I saw "writing exercise".... this screams impromptu essay haha.

you can ask them how many seats are available for the class when you go to your interview tomorrow. As a group they will answer any questions you have so that would be a good time to ask.

They did not give an exact number. They said the number of seats left was not 9 but close to it. Oh the vagueness haha. I believe now they will choose between October 21st and October 27th candidates for the last spots. They said we will know in two weeks!

October 21st to October 27th? Do you mean there was an interview on the 21st? Was unsure what you meant by that

October 21st to October 27th? Do you mean there was an interview on the 21st? Was unsure what you meant by that

As far as I know, October 21st and October 27th were the only days that held interviews in October. Not October 21-27. I'm just speculating that now they will pick the last few seats based on these two groups of candidates from the last two dates. I'm sure however if they still don't fill them up based on these last few interviewers they will back pedal through the previous interviewers. All speculation of course!

Just got my rejection email. Boo.

Same here :(.....must've been really competitive pool. For those of you still waiting to hear anything at all from the school the email is as follows:

"Thank you for your application to Chapman University's MMS in PA Studies Program for the Spring 2017 cohort. We received and reviewed over 700 applications for our inaugural cohort of 25 seats. The average GPA for our accepted students was over a 3.5, making it a very competitive application cycle. After careful review and consideration of your application, we regret to inform you that we are unable to offer you an interview for consideration in our program.We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors."

​My guess at this point is they have filled the class or are very close to it. 

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Archived