Air Force Health Profession scholarship program

Is there anyone who has used this scholarship to pay 1 or 2 years of PA school?

Would you please share your experience of active duty in the Air Force? What were the expectations? Would someone during active duty possibly be deployed to country of war if necessary? Please share your views and whether or not you would recommend it. Thanks

They are very good scholarships IMHO. I do recommend these scholarships to PA students who were prior military. "Would someone during active duty possibly be deployed to country of war if necessary?" Yes, and there have been PAs killed in the line of duty. I know a recent grad that got a Navy HPSP award. He is now doing a lot of trauma surgery secondary to IEDs (his words not mine).

Yes as active duty, reserve and national guard there is a possibility of deployment to countries of war-- as a PA or anything else for that matter

Good point just_me I did not mean to slight the reserve and guard. Its a total force thing. The reserve & guard has pulled their share of deployments.

LesH

They are very good scholarships IMHO. I do recommend these scholarships to PA students who were prior military. "Would someone during active duty possibly be deployed to country of war if necessary?" Yes, and there have been PAs killed in the line of duty. I know a recent grad that got a Navy HPSP award. He is now doing a lot of trauma surgery secondary to IEDs (his words not mine).

Is it one year of service for one year of aid? What kind of salary can we expect during active duty? Can we practice FM during active duty or do we have to do trauma/critical care? Are we restricted to certain areas that we can practice? Thanks

Is it one year of service for one year of aid? What kind of salary can we expect during active duty? Can we practice FM during active duty or do we have to do trauma/critical care? Are we restricted to certain areas that we can practice? Thanks

You need to talk to a recruiter, better yet ask these questions in the military thread.

Guest cabkrun

As others have said, deployment is always a possibility, especially in times like today.

We trained at least monthly, if not bi-weekly for deployments.

We had special training sessions as well. Our duffle bags were always required to be packed, and were also inspected.

In the National Guard we trained every month of my service commitment.

Did not matter what the job you did either. It was base preparedness.

• 4 weeks later...

Guard does not have the HPSP it is only active duty and MAYBE reserve but not sure.

Guard USE to have an AMEDD student recruiter program BUT that has been ceased indefinitely. Now youre only option is to sign up with the guard, you get drill pay and 4500 a yr federal tuition assistant and once you recieve the -C you will then be eligible for 20k sign on bonus a yr for 3 years and then 20k in loan repayment a year for the next 3 years (or vice versa--loan repyament first then bonus). You MAY alos qualify for state education air but that varies from state to state

Cabkrun-

Can you enlighten me on how to get a Guard gig with HPSP? I was under the impression you had to go active duty army, navy or af with these scholarships. Can you help me out here? Thanks!

Archived