Accepted 2015 MCPHS-Manchester

MrEven where do you work? I'm a paramedic for a 911 system in Texas and was hoping to get a part time job in the Manchester area. I will probably move up there in August to try to get settled in and my house rented out in time. 

I work for a municipal service here in Boston. AMR is the provider for Manchester and NH is a National Registry state. I've spent the past 2 years being a tutor at the local CC where I tutor (aka teach) A&P 1 and 2, cellular biology, microbiology, and organic chemistry. If I didn't get into PA school this year I was planning on being the Intermediate to Paramedic bridge (9 month program).

Everything I hear seems to suggest not working during PA school, especially an accelerated program such as MCPHS Manchester. What do you think about this?

I was not planning on working during the PA program due to the intensity of the program. The two students at the interview did say that there are some students in the program that work as EMTs or Paramedics because there is some down time. I was hoping to work part time when I move up there in August since class does not start till January and then see how everything goes. Thanks for the info about AMR. 

Interviewed Feb 27th, received my acceptance March 3rd, I'm so excited to be a part of this program! I'll be commuting from Somerville (MA) every day- anyone else commuting from the Boston area?

Every day? Wow! I calculated it to be 40 hours a week travel to/from Camberville, so I decided to move to Manchester. Those seems like 40 hours I need to be studying.

Interviewed Feb 27th, received my acceptance March 3rd, I'm so excited to be a part of this program! I'll be commuting from Somerville (MA) every day- anyone else commuting from the Boston area?

I live about 45 minutes away, but in the opposite direction (outside of Concord) and am planning on commuting every day too

Every day? Wow! I calculated it to be 40 hours a week travel to/from Camberville, so I decided to move to Manchester. Those seems like 40 hours I need to be studying.

40 hours? No way does it take 4 hours each way! Reverse commute for most- it's usually between 45 minutes and an hour and a half.. so maybe 10-20/week.. tops. I don't really have much of an option to move, my boyfriend works pharma in Cambridge and HIS commute would be nauseating.

40 hours? No way does it take 4 hours each way! Reverse commute for most- it's usually between 45 minutes and an hour and a half.. so maybe 10-20/week.. tops. I don't really have much of an option to move, my boyfriend works pharma in Cambridge and HIS commute would be nauseating.

Sorry, I meant 40 hours a month. It's an hour from where I live in Cambridge to Manchester, with no traffic, coming out to 40 hours a month. I am a renter so I'll just move to Manchester and rent for a year or two.

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to all who have interviewed and been accepted!  My question, do any of the accepted applicants have a pending pre-req or all of you have everything completed?  

I ask because, before I submitted my application for consideration last year, I asked Barbara if it is ok to submit my if I have a pending pre-req (biochem - to be completed this spring).  She was very informative and it was ok.  I am taking the class now thru UNE online.  

Last week I got this email ".....The Office of Admission at the Manchester, NH campus of MCPHS has received your CASPA for January 2015 admission into the 24 month Physician Assistant Studies program.

The admission committee is now reviewing applications and  you should be hearing from us within 1-3 weeks.  We appreciate your patience!..." It got me worried because I am in the middle of the class.  

Anyway, Courtney told they have enough information from my application that they will make a decision.  Nervous.  Just wanted to know if there is someone in a similar boat.

• 2 months later...

Hi all! I just received my acceptance in the mail today and I was wondering if any former or current students can give me some of the places where students live since I'm not too familiar with the area (from California). Also, I was wondering if there was some facebook link available for the incoming class?

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats to all of you!! As of today we're halfway through the summer semester, crazy to think how time flies! 

As far as places to live, they'll send out a letter once it gets towards the end of the year but if you're looking to move in earlier, some places my friends and I live in...just depends on how much you want to pay. 

I'm in Manchester Place which is literally 2 doors from the school. A bit more pricey but nice big apartments and can't beat the location. Also have friends in Wall Street Towers which is a similar set up but just a tiny bit further. There's also the Lofts at Mill One which is a really cool building and not far from school. If you want to drive a bit (5 mins or so), I have friends at Greenview Village and Hilltop (something like that, right down the street from Greenview). Also there are apartments on Myrtle street which is an easy walk to school and not super expensive. Those are the only places I can think of off the top of my head but it all depends on how much you want to spend, if you want a roommate, etc. Good luck! And congrats again. Feel free to send me a message if anyone has any questions.

Enjoy the time you have leading up to it... take a vacation (or two!), take some time off work, relax and enjoy the summer. Don't stress about getting schoolwork or anything like that done, it really won't help once you get here in January. I know the previous class told me the same thing but just relax and go outside! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all and Congrats! I met most of you at your interviews and I am so happy that you've received your acceptances!  I know Esklar has already offered to answer your questions, but I am here as well if you need me!  I know we talked your ears off that day and it was a lot of information to retain at such a nerve-racking time! So, if you would like some reiteration let me know!  Soon admissions will be creating a Facebook group for all of the accepted students, where I will also be invited and can answer your questions!

Catch ya later!

P.S. YAYAYAY! :)

Hi All!

I will be moving to Manchester from Virginia and am looking for a place to stay as well. I am waiting to hear back from Manchester Place about a 1 bedroom. I need to find a place where I won't have to drive to school. Everyone knows that southerners can't drive in the snow ;) I already saw the post about places to live and will continue to reference that during my search. Thanks for the post esklar. I can't wait to meet everyone and get to know y'all! 

Cheers!

Hi All!

I will be moving to Manchester from Virginia and am looking for a place to stay as well. I am waiting to hear back from Manchester Place about a 1 bedroom. I need to find a place where I won't have to drive to school. Everyone knows that southerners can't drive in the snow ;) I already saw the post about places to live and will continue to reference that during my search. Thanks for the post esklar. I can't wait to meet everyone and get to know y'all! 

Cheers!

I'm currently living at Manchester place and it's pretty good. There is also Wall St. Towers, Lofts at Mill #1, and some apartments on Myrtle Street (I want to say 32 Myrtle or something like that) that friends live in and are also nice (and walkable!).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All!

Cheers!

Hey I'm moving to Manchester from VA as well, When are you planning to move?

Hey I'm moving to Manchester from VA as well, When are you planning to move?

Hi. I am planning to move after Christmas/New Years. I saw the start date/orientation is January 9 so sometime the week prior to this date. Where in VA are you from? I am from Chesapeake. 

New topic for current students...What is the dress code policy for class or a regular basis? Are there many special events that require more business attire than business casual? 

Hi. I am planning to move after Christmas/New Years. I saw the start date/orientation is January 9 so sometime the week prior to this date. Where in VA are you from? I am from Chesapeake. 

New topic for current students...What is the dress code policy for class or a regular basis? Are there many special events that require more business attire than business casual? 

Dress code for class is technically business casual. Basically no jeans...I usually wear khakis and just a sweater or nicer t-shirt type top/blouse. Men have to wear a collared shirt or sweater but in the summers a polo or some sort of button down. The only thing I actually somewhat dressed up for was white coat ceremony at the beginning of the year. Other than that, so far, just been business casual. Hope that helps!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived