Duke open house 3/22

Hi!  I attended the Duke open house today... it was great!  They presented a lot of valuable information, and the entire staff was very friendly and approachable.  They gave a nice tour of the facilities as well which I enjoyed.  Is anyone here planning to apply for this application cycle?  If so, I'd love to exchange information to keep in touch throughout the process!

nope but I am attending the one on the 04/05  please let me know how it goes.

I went last Saturday. It was great, as someone else mentioned above it was very informative, they talked about the history of the program and about the PA profession in general. We had the opportunity to tour the facility with current students, who were able to give insight and point out, for example, good areas to study in lol.

My advice would be to have relevant questions that will help you in your school and career decisions; questions that can't be found through an online search. And the open house confirmation email states business casual wear. I don't think anyone there was overdressed, even though some looked ready for an interview. I'm sure some people I met that day will be in charge of reviewing the applications and perhaps will be on the interview committee.

At the very end we had the chance to mingle and chat with faculty and students, both first and second years, in a pretty laid-back social session on the patio.

Hi!  I attended the Duke open house today... it was great!  They presented a lot of valuable information, and the entire staff was very friendly and approachable.  They gave a nice tour of the facilities as well which I enjoyed.  Is anyone here planning to apply for this application cycle?  If so, I'd love to exchange information to keep in touch throughout the process!

hi nsrustomji, i'm definitely applying this application cycle and planning on hanging around this section of the forum!

I went last Saturday. It was great, as someone else mentioned above it was very informative, they talked about the history of the program and about the PA profession in general. We had the opportunity to tour the facility with current students, who were able to give insight and point out, for example, good areas to study in lol.

My advice would be to have relevant questions that will help you in your school and career decisions; questions that can't be found through an online search. And the open house confirmation email states business casual wear. I don't think anyone there was overdressed, even though some looked ready for an interview. I'm sure some people I met that day will be in charge of reviewing the applications and perhaps will be on the interview committee.

At the very end we had the chance to mingle and chat with faculty and students, both first and second years, in a pretty laid-back social session on the patio.

hi nsrustomji, i'm definitely applying this application cycle and planning on hanging around this section of the forum!

thanks so much!! Im really looking forward to attending. unfortunately I still have some pre reqs to take so Im probably looking at a later cycle. best of luck to you

• 2 weeks later...

Archived