Mercer Class of 2014

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is anyone planning on attending the information session this month? I am trying to rearrange my class schedule just so I can make it! I wanted to attend the one in May but was not able to make it!

I really want to go. I live in Tampa which is a drive as well as a 190$ air ticket. I really am debating about going or not. Ms. Jordana told me that it does not influence admittance into the program. So I'm hoping that I can hear something back before that weekend. fingers crossed!

Though not a "requirement", I think you should both make it a priority to visit the campus. How can you know it is really the place for you if you do not visit campus and meet the people? Just my 2 cents!

Good luck all!

Though not a "requirement", I think you should both make it a priority to visit the campus. How can you know it is really the place for you if you do not visit campus and meet the people? Just my 2 cents!

Good luck all!

I went to undergrad in Atlanta (at gsu) and had the chance to visit Mercer's campus a few times. I had a friend who went to Mercer who showed me around a few years ago and loved the atmosphere. More importantly, I really like what the program has to offer from what I have seen/read. I definitely agree with you though, it should be a priority to go. An official tour would be helpful as well as getting the chance to find out more information about the program!

I went to undergrad in Atlanta (at gsu) and had the chance to visit Mercer's campus a few times. I had a friend who went to Mercer who showed me around a few years ago and loved the atmosphere. More importantly, I really like what the program has to offer from what I have seen/read. I definitely agree with you though, it should be a priority to go. An official tour would be helpful as well as getting the chance to find out more information about the program!

The wonderful atmosphere and helpful people at Mercer influenced my desire to become a member of their class tremendously. Though so close to downtown Atlanta, it is placed nicely off the beaten path. I am excited to make it my home for the next few years, and believe it is a great place where I can be nurtured and become a great PA. If I had not made it a priority to step foot on the campus for a few visitation days, my drive to become a part of their program would be merely superficial.

I spoke to someone from the office today and they told me they are in the process of reviewing applications from anyone who they asked for extra materials/updates. She told me that the next round of interviews would be held on the 22nd of this month. I was pretty sad to hear that my application (along with my updated direct patienct care experiences) probably would not make it in time to the admissions committee for this round of interviews. I updated my information in mid-June (about three days after I was sent an e-mail) so hopefully I will hear back soon! I am going to stay optimistic but can't help but be a little nervous since she told me interviews would be held only until October 1st!

Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and offer some encouragement to those of you still waiting to hear. Please don't be worried! Just be patient and keep doing things to make yourself a better applicant. It does seem like there are still a lot of spots left in the class from the looks of the FB group, so do not give up! Good luck to you all!

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone who was accepted into the program be kind enough to share their stats?? I applied but still haven't heard back...and starting to get the feeling I'm not a strong enough candidate! Congrats to those who got in!!! and good luck to those who are waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived