Mercer Class of 2014

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I received my admissions packet in the mail today. On the checklist it talks about sending in the first deposit check with an "enrollment card". does anyone know what that is? I didn't see one in the pack...

The enrollment card is postcard size and asks for your name, pronunciation, and some other basic things. Call the admissions office. They're always very helpful!

My packet did not have one either... Emily in the admission's office e-mailed it to me. If you want, I will be happy to forward it to ya! Congrats on being accepted, by the way! We interviewed together... I am Devon... I was in group 2. What's your name?

Hi... I am just checking to see if anyone knows about the Mercer PA Program. I am very interested and thinking about applying through CASPA. Any information you can give me would be great. I am specifically looking for information about the cirriculum and how is the faculty there.

My packet did not have one either... Emily in the admission's office e-mailed it to me. If you want, I will be happy to forward it to ya! Congrats on being accepted, by the way! We interviewed together... I am Devon... I was in group 2. What's your name?

Hi Devon, I remember you from our interview day- I'm Julie. Emily already sent me the copy of the enrollment card, but thanks!

PS. I can't find the facebook group. what's the link?

Hey everyone. I got an email back on June 17 stating to redo my GRE and i'm taking it on Tuesday. I'm so nervous. I'm afraid that there are no more available spots. Can anyone who has gotten accepted or gotten an interview but not accepted give any pointers please?

Hi Genevieve! Just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel regarding the GRE... Obviously Mercer is seeing something in you that they like or they would not take the time to see your new scores... they would just reject you. Try to relax on Tuesday and know that no matter how good or bad you do... it will be okay. Putting tons of pressure on yourself just makes things worse. If you don't do well on Tuesday, you can always take it again and probably still have time to submit those scores... I do not think the class is anywhere close to being full... I was accepted to Mercer a few weeks ago and my GRE score was a 1070, I think. They look at a lot of other stats as well as your interview to make a final decision. Just breathe and know whatever happens is happening for a reason. :) I hope this helps a little bit. Let me know how it goes!! - Devon

Hey everyone. I got an email back on June 17 stating to redo my GRE and i'm taking it on Tuesday. I'm so nervous. I'm afraid that there are no more available spots. Can anyone who has gotten accepted or gotten an interview but not accepted give any pointers please?

Hi Genevieve! Just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel regarding the GRE... Obviously Mercer is seeing something in you that they like or they would not take the time to see your new scores... they would just reject you. Try to relax on Tuesday and know that no matter how good or bad you do... it will be okay. Putting tons of pressure on yourself just makes things worse. If you don't do well on Tuesday, you can always take it again and probably still have time to submit those scores... I do not think the class is anywhere close to being full... I was accepted to Mercer a few weeks ago and my GRE score was a 1070, I think. They look at a lot of other stats as well as your interview to make a final decision. Just breathe and know whatever happens is happening for a reason. :) I hope this helps a little bit. Let me know how it goes!! - Devon

Congrats!! At least it is over now!! Be sure to keep in touch with the admissions office- call Emily often just to check in and see where you are on the list to be reviewed. Also, make sure they get your GRE scores because mine were lost for 3 weeks or so... Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have or can come up with. I would be more than happy to help you!

Congrats!! At least it is over now!! Be sure to keep in touch with the admissions office- call Emily often just to check in and see where you are on the list to be reviewed. Also, make sure they get your GRE scores because mine were lost for 3 weeks or so... Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have or can come up with. I would be more than happy to help you!

Hi Genevieve! I also got an email back in late June. I was asked to update my patient care experiences from when my CASPA application was submitted (in May). I am also afraid that all of the spots have been filled up since a few rounds of interviews have already passed. Does anyone have any advise on how I can enhance my patient care experiences? I was thinking maybe trying to get a few medical certifications? I really want to attend Mercer and would appreciate any advise!

Hi Genevieve! I also got an email back in late June. I was asked to update my patient care experiences from when my CASPA application was submitted (in May). I am also afraid that all of the spots have been filled up since a few rounds of interviews have already passed. Does anyone have any advise on how I can enhance my patient care experiences? I was thinking maybe trying to get a few medical certifications? I really want to attend Mercer and would appreciate any advise!

Thank you. I've never spoken to Emily. What does she do over there. I've been in contact with Jordana from the very beginning. I'll keep calling to get updates and to show my interest. I wont over do it though. As soon as I finished the test I emailed Jordana my scores. So hopefully they'll take my word for now until they receive them in order to schedule an interview. One question I do have about the program is...Do you know if PA students get to practice on human cadavers? I know that Mercer does mission trips throughout the world. Do you know if PA students have access to participate? That information would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Thank you. I've never spoken to Emily. What does she do over there. I've been in contact with Jordana from the very beginning. I'll keep calling to get updates and to show my interest. I wont over do it though. As soon as I finished the test I emailed Jordana my scores. So hopefully they'll take my word for now until they receive them in order to schedule an interview. One question I do have about the program is...Do you know if PA students get to practice on human cadavers? I know that Mercer does mission trips throughout the world. Do you know if PA students have access to participate? That information would be extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Archived