Mercer Class of 2014

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to start a thread for those of us applying for c/o 2014. I am trying to get my app in before CASPA closes on March 1st. However, I want to re-take the GRE and try to raise my scores... can I update my GRE score after the app cycle has closed on 3/1?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't update CASPA once you submit, but you have to send an official copy of GRE scores from ETS to Mercer anyway. Submit your CASPA, have your original GRE score in there, retake the GRE and send your updated GRE to Mercer. Since you took the GRE recently, both scores would be submitted to Mercer from ETS. Let Mercer know you are retaking the GRE also when you submit, either in your supplemental app, or just call or email the office, and they will put a note in your file.

Thanks for this thread! I have been looking closely at Mercer, and have decided to apply as well before March 1st. My initial GRE scores were horrible (test anxiety), and I will let them know I will retake the GRE in March on my supplemental app. Good luck to both of you, and hopefully we'll meet soon as accepted students!!! :o)

Blondiemed- My GRE scores are pretty embarrassing as well... for the same reason!! Hoping to do better when I retake them on March 7th. I'm looking forward to turning my app in and being able to relax for a little while. So stressful, ya know?! Best of luck when you re-take it!

• 2 weeks later...

Wageeslin- I called today and asked a similar question... basically, you are considered early admission as long as your CASPA app was submitted prior to March 1st. They admit on rolling admissions so it really comes down to first come, first serve. Let me know if you hear anything, please! Good Luck!!

• 2 weeks later...
end of feb and got an e-mail today. only got a week notice to make arrangements and two day window to accept the interview.

Thanks for the information and reply, and congrats on being invited to interview! I also submitted all my materials at the end of February - JUST before the March 1 deadline. I'd be pretty thrilled with the quick turn around you've described, but I've yet to get an e-mail that all my materials have been received. Maybe soon....that's what I'm praying for, anyway.

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TODAY!

The interview process was so great. It was so personal. We ate lunch with current students and had the opportunity to interact with faculty before we interviewed. It took the stress off completely.

AHHHH!!! Congratulations!!!! That is awesome!! I'm sure you are so relieved! Do you mind posting your stats? I'm just curious as to where I stand. Where did you do your undergrad at? Thanks in advance!!

I JUST GOT ACCEPTED TODAY!

The interview process was so great. It was so personal. We ate lunch with current students and had the opportunity to interact with faculty before we interviewed. It took the stress off completely.

Congratulations, cdewbs! It's great they alerted you of your acceptance so quickly! And, thanks for the interview feedback.

good luck guys. i'm a student @ mercer, let me kno if you have any questions

-Jen

Jen,

Question for you... I have 3 outstanding pre-req's for Mercer. I will complete two at the end of this semester and one over the summer. Mercer's website says they will not accept you with more than two outstanding pre-rec's. In my situation, would they wait to offer me a spot until May when I can send them this semester's grades? (Hypothetically saying that I was offered a spot) Does that make sense? I would greatly appreciate your feedback!!

-Devon

Archived