Sign in to follow this  
EMEDPA

Way to go hospitalists!

They even left the apostrophe out of the name of the article (good for the author).  And to think that I could be "Hi, I'm GMOTM, Hospitalist Assistant" as eyeballs rotate in opposite directions, just to confuse things even further.  Good for the organization.

Great group! I'm a member. Have truly felt nothing but supported by my physician colleagues as a PA in hospital medicine, seems be a really welcoming field. 

(haven't been on the forum much but hopefully will have some news soon about a possible Hospitalist PA/NP fellowship at my institution that's been talked about).

hopefully will have some news soon about a possible Hospitalist PA/NP fellowship at my institution that's been talked about).

They used to have a critical care fellowship there but I think only 1 person went through it before they closed it a few years ago.

Yup, my mentors in the TICU/SICU were the last of that class. Believe me I tried to apply. Tide is turning in favor of PAs up at my hill in the past few years so hopefully more good things to come for us.

Yup, my mentors in the TICU/SICU were the last of that class. Believe me I tried to apply. Tide is turning in favor of PAs up at my hill in the past few years so hopefully more good things to come for us.

glad to hear it. in the past it has been a mostly NP shop. An EM PA residency there would be nice as well as it looks like the other proposed one in town won't be happening.

This is great news, and I forwarded this link to my medical staff office. We have always been referred to as "allied health professionals" on our hospital identification. I have always silently protested this by placing a "physician assistant" label over this on my ID for years. :-)

• Upvote 1

This is great! Now if only PA programs would stop considering themselves as part of the School of Allied Health *sigh*

or worse yet, the school of nursing and health professions....

Yeah, at my university, I graduated from the "College of Health Professions," like the CRNAs and the PTs did. At least it's better than the old name, the "College of Related Professions." Yuck.

Yeah, at my university, I graduated from the "College of Health Professions," like the CRNAs and the PTs did. At least it's better than the old name, the "College of Related Professions." Yuck.

that's actually not too bad, no nursing in the title.

my doctorate from Nova will say "College of Health Science" . I'm ok with that.

or worse yet, the school of nursing and health professions....

Same program.  This irks me to no end.

Same program.  This irks me to no end.

when I was there it was the school of health sciences and humanities. they changed the name several years later. on my CV I list it as "school of health sciences".

Chalk one up for "Allied Health Sciences" with the PT's, OT's, MT's, Med Rec's maybe (can't remember).  At least we were only a block from the campus hospitals unlike what I'm seeing/hearing nowadays.