Financial aid package?

Hey all,

I'm waitlisted at RF right now but really hoping I'll make it!  Trying to be prepared in case I get a call at the last minute.  The financial aid website seems to say that I won't find out much about what kind of finaid package I'll get until after I matriculate and fill out a form, so I was wondering if anybody knows what a typical allotment would be.  They have a chart online about what a typical student budget would be, so does anyone know how RF's financial aid package compares to this?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hey! Sorry to post on this so late! I am currently an accepted student for the 2016 class...so far I have filled out the financial aid application and finished the fafsa but have not found out anything since them...I got an email about two weeks ago saying they were working on my application so I am hoping I find out stuff soon....I'll post again once I know more :-)

Oh hey no worries, I actually met with someone in the finaid office (super nice and helpful by the way).  If anyone else is reading this and needs this info, RF says that they put together a student budget each year and unless the student requests more or less than what is on that budget (which is apparently really easy to do), then that is the amount that each student gets.

Here's this year's budget:

http://www.rosalindfranklin.edu/Portals/0/Documents/SFS/Estimated%20Student%20Budgets/Budget%20Guide%20PAS.pdf

Each student is guaranteed $20,500/year in the form of Stafford Loans, and the rest comes from GradPlus loans.  Eligibility for these does not factor in a credit score, but there can't be anything severely negative in your recent credit history.  So I'm waiting to get my packet (accepted!), so if you get more information besides what I have here, feel free to include it!

Archived