Does anyone know how to start a new school discussion group? The state of Iowa has a new PA program at St Ambrose University with the first class starting June 2014. Would love to hear of anyone was accepted or have heard pros/cons to the program.

• Upvote 1

I have been accepted into the first class at St. Ambrose University. When I interviewed, the staff was very laid back and friendly. Looking forward to starting in June pending the accreditation this month.  

• Upvote 1

Congratulations! I am currently #2 on the waitlist...so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

I have been accepted into the first class at St. Ambrose University. When I interviewed, the staff was very laid back and friendly. Looking forward to starting in June pending the accreditation this month.  

Awesome! We were just given the list of our classmates the other day. Maybe a few people are still thinking about what schools they should attend and will withdraw from their spot! Good luck!

Congratulations! I am currently #2 on the waitlist...so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

Im #3 So I know how you feel….Hopefully there is a little bit of movement on the wait list. I emailed them today and they said all 30 spots are accounted for but hopefully in the next couple of weeks there will be some movement.

Good Luck!!

Im #3 So I know how you feel….Hopefully there is a little bit of movement on the wait list. I emailed them today and they said all 30 spots are accounted for but hopefully in the next couple of weeks there will be some movement.

Good Luck!!

I emailed them today as well! I was so surprised that all 30 accepted the offer. Hopefully some choose to accept offers elsewhere :) Good luck to you too!

yea i was surprised too! But we have 3 months still so hopefully the class isn't set yet!

I emailed them today as well! I was so surprised that all 30 accepted the offer. Hopefully some choose to accept offers elsewhere :) Good luck to you too!

I was offered a spot this morning! Mventuri...you must be next on the list :)

Congrats!!!! I emailed them today and Im next so hopefully I will hear something soon!

Would anyone be willing to share some information regarding the interview process at St. Ambrose? It would be greatly appreciated!

BRJOHNSON are you interviewing here? I just got an offer to interview today. Very excited to hear back from them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi BRJOHNSON and MStarlin! I just received an interview invitation today as well. Mine is on the 16th. When is your interview? Also, where are you guys coming from? I am from California and it will be my first time traveling to Iowa! So excited! 

I emailed Angie to ask what the process would be like because I couldn't seem to find any information on this forum anywhere. She said, "you will have two fifteen minute interviews with two faculty each".

Have either of you heard any info about the interview process for St. Ambrose? Or know any other valuable information regarding the program? I don't know anyone that's applied here and don't know how to get into contact with current students.

Have either of you heard any info about the interview process for St. Ambrose? Or know any other valuable information regarding the program? I don't know anyone that's applied here and don't know how to get into contact with current students.

I don't know too much- The school is new so it seems more difficult to get the same information that you would from an established school that has been around for awhile such as PANCE scores (none yet), clinical rotations, class profile, ect. However they do place an emphasis on primary care. The information I've gathered about the school is from researching the Internet. I imagine we will meet a few of the students the day of and be able to ask them questions about their view of the program. It seems like the interview is an informational day and 2 interviews with faculty (which you mentioned). I am excited to learn more about the school though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By ascience19
      I have been accepted to two schools so far. I am getting very close to the deadline to decide which program I will attend and have put deposits down at both schools. I am having trouble making a final decision because I like both schools. Can anyone share advice as to what factors and criteria are most important in making my decision. 
      School A:   in-state, just below average PANCE, 1 clinical elective, longer didactic days, 4 semesters of didactic, 60 person class, no research paper. Friendly staff and very welcoming. I had a really good feeling being there and enjoyed how nice everyone was. School provides housing if rotations are very far. 
      School B:   out-of-state, above average PANCE with prep course, 2 clinical electives, 2 primary care rotations, shorter didactic days (more time to sleep/study), 3 semesters of didactic, 40 person class, research paper. I met less staff but I liked those I met. Had a good experience at interview but not amazing (MMI interviews). School does not provide housing for rotations, but seemed that most are local. 
      If anyone has any advice on choosing a program I would greatly appreciate it! 
    • By magboo
      Hello to all!

I am so indecisive & narrowed my options to Pace University and Northeastern University. The thing is, I have been accepted to Northeastern PA/MPH portion which is more expensive than the typical PA track. Also, I currently live in NYC so Pace will be financially convenient for me. However, I have heard good things about Northeastern's reputation & always wanted to move out of state. 
      If anyone has good advice, please let me know! THANK YOU
    • By mly3025
      Was just accepted off the waitlist from one of my top choice programs and boy does it feel good!! I'm not sure how much ranking plays but this was certainly a reach school for me. 
      Stats for this cycle: 
      27 y/o M 
      cGPA: 3.11
      sGPA: 3.22
      GRE: 309. 4.5 writing. 
      PCE: 4010 hours as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist 
      Shadowing: 18 hours with an OBGYN PA // 30 hours with a senior cardiology PA // 75 hours with a GI PA
      Volunteer: 100 hours at a senior center // 50 hours as an Anatomy & Physiology tutor. Thousands of hours in extracurriculars as a choreographer and public relations officer 
      LOR: MD director of our Nuclear stress lab, Senior Cardiology PA, Anatomy and Physiology professor 
      Degree: BS in Nuclear Medicine Technology 
      Interviews: 2 (still waiting to hear back from other programs) 
      Waitlisted: 1 
      Acceptances: 1
      Graduated undergrad in 2015 with a 2.9 cGPA and a 3.0 sGPA. 
      Retook \~55 credits and recieved a 3.8 post-bac sGPA with classes in biochemistry, microbiology, A/P, organic chemistry, gen bio, gen chem, psychology, genetics, and calculus to name a few
      It IS possible to get into PA school with a low gpa! I had zero interviews on my first cycle. I Improved my second-time application by making my PS a KILLER, improving PCE hours, and making myself look like a well-rounded applicant to make up for my low GPA. I was asked about my GPA right off the bat during both my interviews and how I planned on succeeding in a rigorous didactic program so be prepared to answer these types of questions! I also felt that what gave me an advantage over others was the fact that I am in a niche field and that as someone whos trained in nuclear medicine I am able to provide insight on these types of studies and help my peers understand/read nuclear studies! Don't be afraid to flex on certain characteristics on your profile that makes you unique! 
      Good luck everyone!
    • By rphinson
      Interviewed July 12th, offered a seat on the 19th!
      Who else has been offered a seat?
      I wanted to initiate a thread we could use to share thoughts about the transition from here until Day 1 of class. I'd like to schedule a Meet and Greet prior, if people are interested.
      Questions on the background check, immunization requirements or FAFSA? What neighborhoods are you looking at? Looking for roommates? Need information on Chicago? When are you looking at moving out if you're coming from elsewhere? Where are you coming from? What would make you feel more comfortable getting ready for matriculation?
    • By koricometh1
      Who's been accepted to PA programs where the majority of pre req courses were taken online?

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More