Class of 2017

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Natabu Wow! I didn't know know that information. I turned in my application 4 weeks ago and I am anxiously waiting. Glad to hear some feedback about turnaround time! It's taking a lot of self control to not bother them about it lol

@Esharris92 When did you turn in your application?

I just ordered Andrew Rodican's "How to Ace the Physician Assistant Interview". I really enjoyed his book on applying to PA school. So I am hoping this will help!

Received an email from Mercer today!!! It stated that, "the Admissions Committee has requested additional time to review your file." And it asked me to fill out a survey to update my direct patient care experience and/or shadowing/non-direct patient care. Did any one else receive an email like this prior to being invited for an interview!? Or at all??

Not really sure if it's a good thing or what it means. But I did the survey. Waiting waiting waiting....

@Pewter Congrats!!! When did you get your invite!?

Hopefully I can still offer a suggestion, even though I haven't had an interview. But preparation is always key for me and allows me to feel confident! I have researched lots of questions, and have thought out what I am going to say beforehand (without it being overly rehearsed). Being prepared to answer anything will allow you to go in feeling more at ease to just be yourself!

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at a nearby Hampton Inn. It cost me about 220 for a two-night stay, but it was a wonderful hotel with a short drive to the school.

For my previous interview I had skimped and got a $60 one night stay in a motel. I paid the price when, the morning of my interview, I found that the shower had no hot water. 

Has anyone else from the 4/21 interview gotten a response they want to PM me about?

I thought I did well during the interview, but I just got my rejection. :(

Im sorry to hear the news :( Did you follow up with the school to see what happened and why you got rejected? I know how that goes when you feel that you did well during the interview but you get rejected and not even wait listed!

I followed up, but I will have to wait until Monday before I get my answer. My best guess is that they just looked closer at my application and decided they didn't like my unusual educational history. I can't think of anything that happened during the interview that warranted an outright rejection.

Archived