Summer 2014 PA Applicants (June 3rd, 2014 Start Date)

Hi Lilac411,

Sorry, I won’t reveal my interviewers’ names, but can tell that both were very kind and understanding.

In regards to what they look for during the interview - they told me that besides academic performance and achievements, they look for personal qualities of the applicants, such as: maturity, character, motivation, responsibility and commitment, demonstration of concern for others and for the community… Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

@yoel32. I had my interview on Feb 19th and received my acceptance via email yesterday (3/6/14). I was told the acceptance package will be mailed out in a week. Olia really hit it on the nail when she described the qualities that the committee is looking for.

The process wasn't as nerve wrecking as I expected it to be. Every member of the staff was pleasant and inviting, it really helped to settle my nerves.

I don't know how many ppl have been accepted, but continue to be optimistic because I know for certain not all the seast have been occupied.

BTW congrats Olia!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.....this wait is killing me. Most applicants that heard back post interview, did so within 10 days. Been more than that at this point. Anyone else hear anything? I know calling the program is not going to net me any new information other than "please be patient".

@yoel32 I interviewed few weeks ago too and have not heard. Who are you referring to that heard back 10 days later?? I only know of 2 people on this thread or forum accepted. They got 10 day replies but I know that's not the standard.

Do you know anyone else that got accepted besides the 2/3 people here that commented??

Good luck still and hang in there

• 2 weeks later...

I am happy to say I just got my acceptance letter. I know for many of you on here the wait is pure torture...I believe they are interviewing for 1 more week so the final round of notifications should go out soon, I would think. 

Best of luck to those still waiting and a big thank you to those on here that have been so positive throughout the process (Olia & Smartty)! Its a bit surreal but definitely fantastic to be heading to SUNY Downstate!

Archived