Future classmates,

I'm exicted to be a part of LLU's PA program, and I was curious to see who else got accepted and will be joining the class of 2016. The acceptance letter states that the class starts Monday, Sept. 22nd, so it will be a while until we begin the program. I hope to get to know you guys and girls a lot better, so please feel free to share your thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

@aiviphung, I was in your same boat last year! I'm not sure what other programs you were accepted into, but LLU def has a smaller class size then many. Personally, I like the smaller groups...its a nice support system and you get a lot of hands-on interaction, especially in lab. Instead of signing up for time slots, you just show up when you want to study. Having a cadaver lab is much more interesting then book learning too! Also, compare PANCE pass rates and look into whether or not all the students completed the program. Also, cost. If you were accepted into, say, USC...there is a pretty significant cost difference. Also, consider how far away you want to be from family and which would be an easier adjustment overall. The religious aspect of LLU is not overbearing, so if religion is not your style, don't worry. Good luck in your decision! 

Thanks melpas. I have heard some people (not in LLU's program) say that 1 grade below an 80% on any exam, you go in front of an advisory committee and a second score below an 80% is dismissal and that lots of students are stressed on a different kind of level there with a high attrition rate. Is there any truth to this?

@aiviphung - Deciding where to attend PA school is a big decision! It is also a terribly personal one, based on many factors unique to each person. I can appreciate your interest in feedback, but ultimately, you need to weigh the things you definitely know about each program you are considering (I would leave the "I've heard from people" nonsense alone) and make the decision that is best for you. I would hope that you know yourself well enough to be able to assess which program is going to be your best fit and also understand that other people's reasons for selecting which PA school to attend is probably only slightly relevant to you.

Checking-in... I'll be there in Sept with you guys and gals. @cadogan68, I am from Southern California originally but am not familiar at all with Riverside-San Bernardino area. Right now I'm living in the SF Bay Area. @ethergore, I don't have Facebook but please come back to this forum and let me know if someone creates a page for our class! I might have to sign up.

• 1 month later...

Thanks melpas. I have heard some people (not in LLU's program) say that 1 grade below an 80% on any exam, you go in front of an advisory committee and a second score below an 80% is dismissal and that lots of students are stressed on a different kind of level there with a high attrition rate. Is there any truth to this?

The passing score for all tests is 75%. While this can appear to be off putting, it prepares you for being able to absorb tons of knowledge and filter what is important (most commons). This is a reason for such high passrates. Board style questions are on the exams and actually a little easier from what ive heard :) Nonetheless, you are learning things to make sure you're a great clinicians. 75% is only average ;)

The passing score for all tests is 75%. While this can appear to be off putting, it prepares you for being able to absorb tons of knowledge and filter what is important (most commons). This is a reason for such high passrates. Board style questions are on the exams and actually a little easier from what ive heard :) Nonetheless, you are learning things to make sure you're a great clinicians. 75% is only average ;)

Thank you! Dr. Eskes was very open and honest about the remediation policy for the program when I asked her and I think it's very fair. Cannot wait to start at LLU!

Thank you! Dr. Eskes was very open and honest about the remediation policy for the program when I asked her and I think it's very fair. Cannot wait to start at LLU!

It is very fair. You learn to study appropriately and eventually it becomes not as painful. Don't let that scare you. They want to see you succeed and aren't looking to just make school hard for no reason. I'm excited to meet you guys soon! Enjoy this time before school. I repeat. Enjoy this TIME before school. Come in refreshed.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Archived