AAPA Conference Boston

Well, true it's only 6-7,000 attendees, but figure 1/3 might bring family, Add 2,000, with a 1/3 of them bringing kids, add close to 1,000. Then you have to add in vendors, usually in the 1,000+ range....and you have 10,000. Might be a little less, or a little more, but it's way more than just the attendees.

Mike

i am going to boston, though will be with family sat and sun at night.

a 2 hr drive for me though hate driving in boston and parking.

hotels are expensive but i like to bug out of some lectures, work out and come back. easier to do when i stay at conference hotel. plus i feel this is what the cme budget is for.

spot on that this conference will only be in big cities from now on, stowe would be great but they would run out rooms, restaurants and heady topper very quickly. lectures at the base of of mt mansfield would be pretty cool though along with the summit by gondola.

boston is a fun city, the T is easy to navigate, you can walk everywhere and many restaurant choices.

unfortunately the sox are out of town and return the night of the 28th, play the braves. 

see you there.

g

• 4 weeks later...

looking forward to going. anyone local want to set up a time/place within walking distance of the convention ctr for maybe 15 people some evening 6 pm ish?

I will be there fri-wed.

Will also be staffing the PAFT booth a bit, don't know when yet.

Guest wilsonct

Add San Fran (next year - 2015) and San Antonio to the list and you have it covered...

And Physasst has it right - need space and hotel rooms and access - Stowe has a hard time handling PAAV with 200 attendees ....

organizations also pick conference venues to gain publicity and membership. When AAPA comes to Boston a local newspaper may run a spot about it, the dense city population sees the AAPA bus and banners, and all the Boston PAs (alot more here than Stow) may think to become engaged. A place like NYC is cost prohibitive. And a place like Las Vegas draws alot of AAPA members because it is fun. 

I'm going. I lived in Boston for 2 years before PA school. It's not bad as far as big metro cities go. Transportation is fairly straightforward, the city proper is small, and there is good food and culture there. 

However, driving is an absolute nightmare (don't), hotels are crazy expensive, and the weather can be a bit blustery. There are worse places they could have picked, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived