• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Has anyone finished their supplemental for Heritage? I am having difficulty getting past the pre-req section because it requires me to put something into the statistics/algebra category but it has 2 spots.... but we only need one... But then I can't continue forward without entering 2! Frustrated. Anyone have guidance?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Monica told me the same thing. She said that notices for interviews will go out on December 1st. BUT, when I asked what it meant if I didn't received an interview on December 1st, she said that not getting an interview offer on that date doesn't mean that you won't end up getting one.

Honestly, not sure how to interpret all of that. I'm just hoping that I hear back on December 1st!

Does anybody have any idea about how many people are applying to this program? I had never heard of it until I started researching programs that would offer exposure to students interested in working with Native American populations, as this is a really a huge part of my life story (spent teen years and early 20s living on a reservation...long story, if you care to ask). 

This is probably my number one school out there right now. Yes, it is new, but I really really really LOVE the fact that it is so closely intertwined with a reservation. 

My guess is that means they will send out invites on Dec 1, but there are people out there that may decline the invitation before the interview actually takes place, so then they may invite other people after Dec 1 to fill those spots. This is just a guess though.

That's what I assumed, too. Thanks for your input. Are you applying as well?

I saw a picture on their website and it seemed like many of the students were in their later 20s, 30s and 40s...I'm wondering if they heavily weigh towards older students and more HCE. Also, I'm interested to know if they prefer local applicants. I'm almost positive this is the case since they seem to focus on training providers who will work in rural and underserved areas.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

So has anyone gotten an email? I see there are more people viewing the post than actually commenting, so I'm wondering if any of you have perhaps gotten an email. I had in interview with heritage earlier this year, but that time they actually sent the emails out a few days before the actual posted date when they would deliver invites for interviews. 

Archived