CardioPA10

Looking to move in July help with job/location/moving company suggestions??

Hi fellow PA's

I am looking to move to NC around June this year- i have family just east of Charlotte figured i can work up to an hour away and live within 30 min of each.  I would prefer to find a job that qualifies for the National Health Service Corps loan repayment.  I have almost 4 years in internal med/hospitalist and cardiology.  Was also open to urgent care also if i cant find a primary care position... 

Any information on potential jobs would be great.  Any website advice you used to find a job would help also... Or if you have found places that qualify how did u find them? any advice about the process would be great.  

Also was considering living in Monroe, or Concord-- any advice there would be appreicated as well.  Thought about Gastonia too.  I have been in the general area a few times but advice from locals would be greatly appreciated.  I hear lots of good things about ashville and raleigh-durham area however its too far away from family and thats my main motivation to move to begin with-- lived far away for far too long!  

Basically I dont have much to go on just using indeed.com, the Carolina's healthcare website, and I have been to the North Carolina PA website also and hoping something pops out at me.  So far mostly just recruiters and they scare me... 

Lastly and i swear im done picking ya'alls brain ... advice on moving cross state.  I think i ll need to pay someone to pack me and move me... any company recommendations with reasonable prices??

THANK YOU SO MUCH  for any help or advice in this process.... its much harder when im almost 9 hours away!

Lindsey

If you are moving from Pennsylvania I would suggest you relocate with Tri-State Moving Systems. Last year I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida and I was extremely happy with how they handled my situation from start to finish. They were very professional, and I was able to pay them to pack for me so I didn't have to miss work. Everything was neat, and my fragile items were not damaged. Check out their website and see if they are right for you. http://www.tristatems.com/local-moving-services.html

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By June4k
      Any one have any experience with hospital loan repayment?
      I started a job in a rural area three years ago at a hospital that offers $20,000 per year towards loan repayment.  That money is then forgiven after 3 years of service on the back end.  So long story short I have been at my job now for just shy of three years and have taken out a total of 60,000 from them for loan repayment.  I had full intention of staying at this position indefinitely but circumstances at the hospital make that no longer an option, and I'm looking for a new position with a more stable environment.  My impression is that if I leave my job at this time, the hospital could ask back for approx 40,000$.. which is far too large of a sum for me to just write a check for...
      Anyone have any experience with hospitals that offer promissory notes for loan repayment? Trying to figure out if there is anyway to navigate this situation that won't bankrupt me.
    • By shanmmull
      Hi everyone! I’m a new grad PA who just graduated a couple months ago and I’m primarily interested in GI, Family, or Hospital Medicine. A PA who I used to shadow in Thoracic Surgery reached out to me and asked for my resume and I thought, what the hell, I’ll give it a shot and see what this job is about. I just had an interview for this Thoracic surgery job and the team is willing to give me great training as a new grad. It seems great, but I’m not crazy about surgery and don’t have much procedure experience. They haven’t given me an offer yet, but I’m concerned that I won’t know what to do if they do. Should I hold out and see if I get an opportunity in specialty that I really want?  Part of me worries that if I turn this down another opportunity won’t come along...as I’ve already applied to about 15 different places the past month but haven’t heard anything back. Also how long is appropriate time to ask for before accepting an offer? 
    • By FoodAsMedicine
      I am starting to put together my resume so I can be prepared to start the job search well before graduation day. However, if I start applying to jobs prior to graduation, what do I list as my 'title' after my name? Do I list 'physician assistant' or 'physician assistant student'? The first seems disingenuous (given that I haven't yet graduated), but then listing my title as 'student' in big bold letters seems like a recipe for getting ignored...  given that I am not listing PA-C (certified) is it appropriate to use the title 'PA' without the 'certified' qualifier?
      Thanks for the insight. 
    • By padre
      Hi all,
      I am moving to Boston this summer, and I am on the job hunt. My significant other matched into residency, and we're so excited! However, I don't have a job lined up yet, and I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for places to look/contacts? There are so many opportunities, but I have not heard back from a single employer. I am more interested in Medicine subspecialties (I have 1.5 years experience as a Hospitalist PA). I am also open to Dermatology, Urgent Care, and some surgical specialties (plastics, maybe). We will be living in South End, but I am willing to commute.
      Hoping for any (and all) advice! 
      Thank you!
    • By Ardillita
      Hello,
      I recently graduated from a PA program and am wanting to work as a hospitalist PA. However, I am running into some obstacles and am hoping you all can give me some guidance. Here's the story: 
      1) I have no experience (many hospitals seem to prefer hiring acute care NPs, or they want at least a year of experience in INPATIENT medicine, so I can't even go work primary care for a year to get experience. Also I didn't do any elective rotations in hospitalist medicine because I didn't figure out that's what I wanted to do until after my electives were already chosen. I do try to play up my inpatient rotation as much as possible but 6 weeks experience only goes so far.)
      2) I have no connections. Because I went to school on the east coast and always planned on returning to the west coast I didn't do much networking (I know, dumb move. Live and learn). And because I worked in health education before PA school none of the contacts that I do have have any connections to inpatient medicine. Also I don't particularly want to stay in the state I am living in so that further narrows contacts.
      3) There don't seem to be many hospitalist PA jobs? I am not sure if this is true or not but it seems like at least in the areas I am looking there aren't that many. I am willing to relocate within the western US so I figured there would be more opportunities but I am just not coming across many. Is hospitalist a pretty niche area? If I am trying to catch a unicorn then maybe I will refocus my efforts.
      A few additional questions-
      If I can't get a hospitalist position what other inpatient opportunities should I look for? (SICU and MICU tend to require even more experience so that's probably not an option either. I could do surgery but I feel like it would be crappy to do that for a year just to get experience so I could move on to what I really want to do).
      Are there any buzzwords or anything I should be using to improve my CV? I always write individualized cover letters and do well with the few initial phone interviews with hospital recruiters that I get but then it seems to stall when they pass my info on to the supervising physicians. 
      Any other thoughts or suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

Important Information

Welcome to the Physician Assistant Forum! This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More