Looking to move in July help with job/location/moving company suggestions??

Hi fellow PA's

I am looking to move to NC around June this year- i have family just east of Charlotte figured i can work up to an hour away and live within 30 min of each.  I would prefer to find a job that qualifies for the National Health Service Corps loan repayment.  I have almost 4 years in internal med/hospitalist and cardiology.  Was also open to urgent care also if i cant find a primary care position... 

Any information on potential jobs would be great.  Any website advice you used to find a job would help also... Or if you have found places that qualify how did u find them? any advice about the process would be great.  

Also was considering living in Monroe, or Concord-- any advice there would be appreicated as well.  Thought about Gastonia too.  I have been in the general area a few times but advice from locals would be greatly appreciated.  I hear lots of good things about ashville and raleigh-durham area however its too far away from family and thats my main motivation to move to begin with-- lived far away for far too long!  

Basically I dont have much to go on just using indeed.com, the Carolina's healthcare website, and I have been to the North Carolina PA website also and hoping something pops out at me.  So far mostly just recruiters and they scare me... 

Lastly and i swear im done picking ya'alls brain ... advice on moving cross state.  I think i ll need to pay someone to pack me and move me... any company recommendations with reasonable prices??

THANK YOU SO MUCH  for any help or advice in this process.... its much harder when im almost 9 hours away!

Lindsey

• 4 months later...

If you are moving from Pennsylvania I would suggest you relocate with Tri-State Moving Systems. Last year I moved from Pennsylvania to Florida and I was extremely happy with how they handled my situation from start to finish. They were very professional, and I was able to pay them to pack for me so I didn't have to miss work. Everything was neat, and my fragile items were not damaged. Check out their website and see if they are right for you. http://www.tristatems.com/local-moving-services.html

Archived