Apartments recommendation

Check the usual suspects on the internet for average pricing. I'm going down to Jax this weekend to do some shopping and check out some places in the area. I'll share any research I get on the Facebook page for everyone to see. Gonna try to see if I can negotiate some kind of student discount or something like that.  Basically, I'd plan for at least $5-600 a month for rent plus expenses at a minimum, more if you want your own place.

• 2 weeks later...

Coventry right across from school is great. I walk to class everyday and it saves a lot of time and gas. I only have to fill up once a semester, and that's when I drive home. There are others in the general area for less money, but there is a definite plus being so close to campus. Also, St. John's Town Center is very close by which has every store you'll ever need.

Find a roommate with someone in your class or the class ahead of you once the Facebook page gets set up.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 2/3/2014 at 6:07 PM, JustPassing said:

A friend of mine just moved out of state, and is renting his 4 bedroom 2bath home, 2 car garage, and a pool (has guy who keeps up with pool and lawn). Located in nice family neighborhood about 10 mins from NOVA. It could prob work out VERY cheap if you could get 3 or more of the rooms filled with students..... Just a thought

Great thought, when I was studying there, I did the same with my guys. We rented a big house, it was always noisy, but also fun at the same time, and most important - cheap!)

Edited by BrandonMllr