Non accredited schools

• Administrator

Everyone seems to, on the assumption that they'll be easier to get into.  Fact is, provisional accreditation is not "not accredited", which won't let you sit for PANCE (= useless), but rather provisionally accredited, which allows students enrolling during the accreditation period to sit for the PANCE, so your thread subject really doesn't match what you're asking about.

Hmm. Okay sorry my question was incorrectly stated. I am looking at a program that has provisional accreditation. Not for ease, but regional convenience. The first class enters this year. I was curious about the negatives of entering a "provisional" program. Which you were able to still answer. Thank you.

As info I am unable to correct my thread subject from my phone, however I will try to when I am at my computer. In the meantime, if anyone would like to share their experience with a provisionally accredited program I would be appreciative.

• Administrator

The other downsides to being in the first class or two can include:

* The program is still figuring things out, so things will change on you.

* Faculty will not necessarily be experienced in teaching PA students, depending on how aggressively the program recruited faculty

* Rotations will not be established.

* There is no reputation-based hiring, since you don't have prior classes who made a good name for themselves.

... and probably plenty of others that I'm not recalling off the top of my head.  I really liked going to a well-established school.

* There is no reputation-based hiring, since you don't have prior classes who made a good name for themselves.

... and probably plenty of others that I'm not recalling off the top of my head.  I really liked going to a well-established school.

probably depends on the program. I doubt grads from the first class at boston university or tufts will have problems getting jobs.

Archived