I submitted my CASPA in June so I could make the rolling deadline for Towson but had 1 class pending. I'm now done with that class and have the transcript and grade. Is it true I CANNOT submit to AACC because of the class that was listed as pending when I submitted 2 months ago???? I knew they didn't accept apps with classes pending but now it seems that they won't accept mine either even though the course is completed well before the Aug 1st deadline. Insight???

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update your CASPA (below).  Contact program and inform them of the situation.  Select and pay to add the program.  They know you will apply to other programs.  Unless you need to grade for GPA purposes it probably won't matter that they don't recalculate you GPA.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the date your application is e-submitted and paid for, your PA programs can view your entire application in real time via their online admissions portal, even if your application is not yet complete or verified.  As a result, you may receive notifications from your programs regarding your application at any point during the application process.

At what point in the process your programs choose to review your materials and how they determine your application is ready for review is completely at their discretion. For more information on how your program conducts their application process, you would need to speak with the school directly.

:( I wish I had realized that before I submitted my caspa...

https://portal.caspaonline.org/caspaHelpPages/frequently-asked-questions/e-submission-payment/updating-the-applicationacademic-update/index.html 

ACADEMIC UPDATE

You CAN make updates to your coursework section for newly completed or planned courses using a system called Academic Update. Using this system requires the following:

Application Must Be Verified

You cannot make any updates to your coursework section until your application is in the “Verified” status.

Works on 2014 or 2015 terms ONLY

Academic Update is intended to allow you to change your previously planned/in-progress courses to completed and self-report your grades for this work. You may also add future planned courses. The system will NOT allow you to go back and edit previously verified terms or add in terms you forgot to report from past years (i.e. you never updated your fall 2012 work before you were verified).

No Time Frame or Update Limit

There is no time frame to use Academic Update. You can update your work from the day you are verified until the end of the application cycle. You can also submit Academic Updates multiple times during the course of the cycle. However, please note that when submitting an update, you must move the entire TERM from in-progress to complete. You cannot move only some of the courses within a term to completed and add the rest later.

CASPA Does Not Update Your GPA

Any grades you report as part of Academic Update will NOT be verified and your CASPA GPA will NOT be updated. Updating these courses is only so your PA programs will have these grades entered into the electronic system and can update your GPA locally at their institution.

I emailed AACC to ask but no response. I'm not going to bother to apply if they will throw me out automatically. It's a shame considering each school has different deadlines and requirements and there is no way I could have applied to other schools if I had waited for my other class to post. 

If I remember correctly we heard about interviews in late October for early December interviews. AACC only conducts 1 day of interviews so everyone will interview on the same day. I had plenty of time to book my plane tickets to fly out for the interview. Just be patient....I know easier said than done.

JamBra0-

1 day of interviews works for AACC. I think when we interviewed there were about 100 of us there for 41 seats in the class. I haven't been at interview day the last 2 years, but it has been about the same for the two classes behind mine. Feel free to ask if you have other questions. But really..... just be patient they will communicate with you.

Jen

JamBra0-

I'm not sure about that percentage. I can tell you this much, I am originally from Seattle flew out for an interview and was accepted to the program. I just graduated this summer and start a job in 2 weeks. So, I wouldn't get caught up in statistics but I would focus on what makes you the best candidate for the program and what you can bring to the class and your classmates. Just my 2 cents!

Jen

Hi guys- just took a look back at some of my old posts (remarkably similar to these, lol) from when I was going through the application process.  We got our interview invites October 19 and interviewed on December 7.  I think the final head count on interview day was 82 and they accepted 41 of us, so yes- odds are pretty good if you make it that far.

Good luck to all of you, and keep us posted on how it goes!

Kate

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys! I'm waiting to hear too - hopefully towards the end of this month seems to be the norm for invites.  Can anyone shed any light on the interview process?  From other posts it looks like there's an anatomy test, an essay, group interviews, and a brief individual interview. 

Archived